Imagine #21

You guys asked for more...heeeeerre ya go!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------
Screams.
That's the only thing heard from what felt like all of Dagobah (apparently the purest place within the galaxy of the Force). You stood in the corner of you and Poe's shared quarters holding your 1 year old as he cried and screamed endlessly. It was currently 2:30am and you had not slept a wink....your husband, however, was snoring away peacefully as if he was deaf to the tantrum your son was having. You were filled with slight jealousy as you watched Poe sleep while you were frantically running around trying to find ways to quiet your child. You watched your baby, Ahmad's face slowly redden with each scream and you had given up your hopeless attempts to silence him.
         You watched Ahmad scream in his crib from where you sat on the floor, toys and pacifiers spread around you and you were unsure of how much longer you planned to keep trying. A few minutes later, your mother, Leia, lets herself in your room and you are ever so grateful knowing she was one of the only other people who could calm Ahmad.
"Huh.....a lot of help he is...." she said, playfully as she gestured toward Poe, still in deep sleep. Your tired laugh was the only sign she needed to know it was her time to step in. She walked over to the crib, whispering small, sweet things to Ahmad and voila...she had yet again used her magic power every grandmother has to make a baby's sadness melt away. In that moment, you had never appreciated her more than you do now.
"You just get some rest, love." Your mother gave you a reassuring pat and you headed to bed, still overwhelmed with relief and thankfulness.
11:00am
You woke up to the sun streaking in through the room, Ahmad sleeping peacefully in his crib, the room spotless and Poe stirring next to you. Thank you, mom.
"Oh man I slept good." Poe stretched and wrapped his arms around you. You rolled your eyes and laughed to yourself, turning to your oblivious husband and exchanging sweet kisses before Ahmad woke up.
                                                                        🌸🌸🌸
12:10am
You were in the kitchen, preparing the kettle on the stove for tea, and that's when you heard it.
The all too familiar screaming of a baby.
Your baby.
You sighed, preparing for another long night as you made your way back to your room to cradle Ahmad. Only halfway there did the crying stop suddenly and Ahmad was immediately quiet. Nerves built up in you as you walked faster, almost running, trying to make sure nothing had happened to your child. But when you reached your room, you found the most beautiful thing. It was Poe, holding Ahmad, bouncing him slightly up and down, rocking him back and forth. He was talking to Ahmad...kind of like your mother was doing last night, whispering reassuring things to your little baby boy. You walked into the room, smiling, as you watched your two loves in front of you.
"He's definitely got your little eyes." Poe said as he and Ahmad continued their little staring contest they had going, and Ahmad would coo or try talking.
"Well that's not my nose." You whispered as you and Poe laughed and he kissed your forehead.
"I think we gave him a good little mix, eh?"
"I think so too." You smiled and kissed Poe and watched your baby make silly faces until all three of you fell asleep on the bed.

Hope that was okay! I didn't have a big boost for this one lol there's more coming!
-KG❤️