『 thirty three: NOT ALL STARS SHINE. 』

『 chapter xxxiii: NOT ALL STARS SHINE

chapter xxxiii: NOT ALL STARS SHINE. 』

JUNIPER WONDERED WHEN THE SORE ACHES that lived within her heart would cease

JUNIPER WONDERED WHEN THE SORE ACHES that lived within her heart would cease. She reasoned that she was dead, she'd feel nothing about anything ever again. She wondered about things like that all the time, especially at times when it most inconvenient for her tender heart to dwell on such things. Like now. With her older sister; June doesn't think there is stronger person than Bella. She's a vast being, complex in her simplicity, beauty in its most living form. Bella doesn't have to live to be alive. She just is. Bella's the content morning sunrise and June's the sleepless part of a shadowy dusk. Bella had plans to live forever, once, when it was in her reach. Now that was gone. And June had plans to die without issue, also when it was in her reach. But Bella's eternity fled and June's death can only mean death for the one she's eternally bound to. It's downright unfair, June decides. Neither sisters get the future they might've envisioned for themselves. She thinks that in some alternative universe that maybe some other Swan sisters could plan joint weddings, what to name their firstborns, where they'll live.

                But these sisters wonder if they'll even live long enough to see tomorrow.

"I missed this," Bella says as they lay on the picnic blanket beneath them, breaking the silence. "Hanging out."

Patrick Verona is chasing gophers within view of where they sit, not close to the meadow, near the cliffs. June hadn't had a moment to herself for a while — it had been day after day of learning a new herb and a new way of concentration, being cultured through the ways of the tribe. Once, Harry and Billy had the wolves phase and June took her try at getting them to phase back into human form with a stir of her powers. She'd brewed a concoction that prevented them phasing which was the most uncomfortable thing to watch, five grown boys look like fish out of water when they couldn't turn into giant dogs. It was even to the extreme where ( at the behest of Old Quil ) the guys would occasionally break bones for her to practice on and June would be there to mend them, quicker than anything their accelerated self healing could do.

June turns to her sister, "Jedi trainings been intense as ever," She says quietly. She even has the bruises to show for it. Thankfully Sue's there, giving her those herbal pills she's taking by the handfuls now, they help with the pain, a little, maybe. "I've been avoiding Star and Leah and Lyanna for a whole week now; they're starting to notice."