{ 00.} Night Time Shenanigans

C h a p t e r  00NIGHT TIME SHENANIGANS

C h a p t e r  00
NIGHT TIME SHENANIGANS

TULIP HENDERSON LAID comfortably on her stomach as she flipped through a random comic book

TULIP HENDERSON LAID comfortably on her stomach as she flipped through a random comic book. She looked up at the sound of Dustin yelling throughout the house.

"Son of a bitch! Son of a bitch!" He yelled, running throughout the house.

"Whoa, language, Dusty!" Tulip scoffed, setting her comic book down to follow after his panicked form. "My innocent ears are burning."

"Ugh! Another stupid penny!" Dustin complained, throwing it away from him.

Mews whined warningly and their mother gasped, "Dusty, watch it! You almost hit Mews," she said, stroking the cat's head lovingly as she cooed into his ear.

"Can I please check under your cushions?" Dustin asked his mother, his brown eyes wide.

"Dusty," his mother complained, obviously not wanting to move from her spot.

"Mom, please? It's an emergency," he pressed, practically bouncing in his spot in front of his mother.

Tulip crossed her arms over her chest, trying not to laugh at the desperation coloring her brother's face. She had never seen Dustin, or anyone else for that matter, so adamant on searching their couch cushions.

Mrs. Henderson eventually stood to her feet, letting Dustin ravage the cushions of her seat as she cooed into her cat's ear again. After a few moments, Dustin retracted his hand from the cushion, holding two shiny quarters between his fingers.

He grinned happily, "Love you, Mom! You suck, Tulip!" He laughed to himself, rushing from the living room back to his own room. 

Tulip gave his disappearing figure an incredulous look before glancing back at her mother, "Do you see the way he talks to me?" She asked, pointing her thumb where Dustin had retreated to.

Her mother said nothing as she sat back down in her chair, eyes glued to her television as she absorbed whatever the news channel was informing her.

Tulip huffed, "I'm gonna just leave," she called. "I am clearly not appreciated in this household!"