58. Unity

A/N - I did say the last chap was the last update of 2017 lol hello quick update cos I love Yoongi's arc so much

WARNING: This chap contains major angst that made the author pause due to the feels brace yourselves

"Where in the world could he be?"

Jungkook stretched his back, grunting at how he had to tuck his wings behind his shirt to avoid being suspected. He even had to buy a hat to hide his blonde hair. Compared to Hemel, Vlam's air was much more polluted and dusty, which already made his throat feel itchy. Everything was so dark toned compared to his kingdom in the clouds and even though he had already visited this place before, he is yet to get used to it.

Glancing around the area, Jungkook stared at the tall brick buildings in wonder. He watched Vlamian children run across the dirty streets, using sticks and stones as toys. The angel wished he had the freedom do to the same when he was still a child but the only prince and heir to the throne of Hemel meant that he had to be protected at all costs. And sometimes, he didn't want to be a prince. Sometimes, he just wanted to be a normal citizen, someone who would get to experience what it was like in the outside world without fear and worry.

Jungkook figured that it was the main reason why he had agreed to his mother's suggestion of looking for Taehyung on his own, rather than sending one of the skilled Hemelian generals. It would give him the freedom to roam around, the freedom he never had when he was younger. And it did.

Sighing, Jungkook frowned at how his father wanted him to find Taehyung in order to bring him to Hemel's side and negotiate. The angel knew full well what the negotiation was going to be so he didn't. Instead, he let his friend do what he wanted.

Jungkook hoped that it wasn't a mistake.

As soon as a gust of wind hit his cheeks, Jungkook paused when he heard a light jingle of a bell. Turning around, he recognized the street he had wandered into while thinking. He glanced at the cemented pavement below him until and followed it until his eyes landed on a certain shop behind the two gossiping Vlamian women.

Jungkook knew that this cafe was familiar, the building's orange roof reminding him of a batch of roses he had given to Kiana on her birthday. The wooden signage, which had The Hotspot painted on it with fancy fire patterned letters, hung right above the glass doors and brick walls. Inside, the angel could see Helian soldiers chatting while eating various pastries and drinking cups of coffee or tea.

And at that very moment, while Jungkook imagined the laughter of soldiers and the cries of poor Vlamian workers, he remembered why this place seemed so familiar to him.

"And what will you have, kind sir?"

Jungkook glanced around The Hotspot's interior in wonder, failing to hear the polite barista's question. The angel's eyes were wide, mouth slightly ajar as he took in his surroundings. The chatter of Vlamians was much different than the silence of Hemel's palace and truthfully, he felt envious towards these citizens and their freedom to talk and eat without a care.