Rescue Mission

Hey everyone, what are my favorite fans up to?
*
LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK MY LOVIES
*

War was never easy, not even for Brooklynn herself. She knew that wolves would be left without their mates, and children without their parents. Homes would be torched to the ground just for another pack to rebuild. And lives would be ruined.

She wondered how people found it so easy to go blindly into war, ignoring the damage that was about to be caused.

Was it easy for them to just not care? Was the thought of death just a walk in the park for them? Brook pondered to herself.

And while she was lost in her own thoughts, her and a small group of wolves neared an area that was usually unguarded or lightly guarded.

"You ready for this?" Kai asked, pulling Brooklynn's attention back to reality. She didn't notice the teens that surrounded her until now.

Not surprising Brooklynn at all, she was accompanied by Kai, Theo and Nevaeh plus about ten other of the packs best fighters. She knew that Emilia wasn't with the group-Brooklynn was the one who made her stay back.

"Not at all," Brook answered. "It feels like I was just leaving this place yesterday. And now I'm back to betray my former pack."

Kai offered her a reassuring smile, before speaking. "I wish I could say that I understand, but I guess I never will. We kidnapped you from your pack but you're still helping us, why?" Kai questioned, his stare lacking any sort of distaste.

Brook tried to find a reason for betraying her first family, but she couldn't. No reason in the world felt good enough to her aside from the fact that they'd taken Connor, her mate, and they were now torturing him.

"I guess it's for the greater good." Is all that Brooklynn could say. She'd hoped that Kai would accept that answer, and just drop it. Luckily for her, he did.

"Don't worry, Luna. I'll be by your side until the end." Kai's words made Brooklynn feel welcomed, as if she wasn't the stranger that the pack thought she was.

Before Brook could respond, Theo spoke up.

"Where'd Fiona go?" This question halted Brooklynn in her tracks. She turned around, stunned when Fiona was nowhere in sight.

"She did leave with us, right?" Nevaeh asked, but Brook drowned out her voice.

Brooklynn could feel it in her gut, something was wrong and the disappearance of her best friend wasn't it.

Brooklynn, get Connor and get out of there. The Moon Goddess spoke to Brook, sounding alarmed herself.

This sent fear into Brook, but she wasted no time in listening to the Moon Goddess.

"Shift!" She barked out, her golden wolf taking over.

She heard the snapping of bones, and then the sound of growling. She quickly glanced behind her, before she took off running.

She hoped that they still had the element of surprise, but with the Moon Goddess's warning and the disappearance of Fiona, she didn't think that they'd be that lucky.

And she was right.

The place that was normally forgotten about and not guarded was now guarded by a group of huge werewolves. And she'd recognized every single one of them.

We can't get past them! Nevaeh shouted, using the pack link to communicate.

They're outnumbered. We can take them. Kai shouted back, making the group that she was with break into an argument. Different voices filled her head at once, stopping her train of thought long enough for Brook to become distracted.