Suitcases

Ethan's POV

I had a shitty day at the office. My company was always in the New York City big business race. Nonetheless, I always managed to stay ahead and on top of the game. I was that damn good. But for a business like mine to flourish and live on from generation to generation, I would have to expand internationally and gain other shareholders and partners. And I was informed that the deal we were hoping to land for months, which would help us to gain more shareholders globally, had been revoked. I could only get it on one condition, and that was if I had a child or was on the verge of becoming a father. 

I was a silver-spoon kid with a lot handed to me, but in business my grandmother assisted a lot to help me build my own empire, especially financially, and she always was great with advice. I looked up to her more than anyone else. She had given me a trust—several, in fact— but the last one, the one I needed to grow my business, came with a catch. I had to be a father, be on the verge of becoming a father, or getting married, to show that I could be responsible and maintain a stable lifestyle.

I thought I could get that with Sharon, but she was a back stabbing, money hungry bitch who was only interested in fashion and herself. She once made me happy and, especially when she thought she was pregnant, I thought so too, but that was short lived. Now, she was history and I'd moved on with Emma.

Emma was a delightful person, and I was happy to have her around. But that was short lived too when our baby died. I was heartbroken and distraught, and I felt like it was a total set back for my business. The request and paperwork had already been disapproved by the board members because the finances of the business weren't deemed stable enough. We could do it, but it'd be very risky. The funds of the trust would alleviate a lot of that. But I couldn't touch it until I could prove that I could "demonstrate a stable lifestyle". 

I was under pressure now because other businesses could get ahead of me now. I became a wreck.

At lunch, Martin came in to see me. He had flown in from Canada and he wanted us to grab a bite together. He was my best friend so I vented my frustration to him.

"Dude, you're in way over your head. You should relax some more and look at other options here."

"What other options?" I asked, arching my eyebrows.

"Well, how about you move on with your life. Maybe your new little fiancee can't have kids."

I rubbed my temples in frustration, the thought of Emma unable to bare kids made me sick to my heart.

When we finished with lunch we headed back to the office where Martin kept me distracted me for the rest of the evening. He had a bottle of Hennessy and we drank it completely while laughing and talking about the good old days.

The music was playing from my computer as Linda walked in. My eyes were blurry but I knew it was her, nobody could smell the way she did. She always managed to have the best fragrances.

"What are you idiots doing?" she asked, placing her hands on her hips in the center of the room. 

Martin and I giggled like kids. 

She shook her head. 

My computer began to play John Legend's All of Me.

I got up and took Linda in for a sway. "Come on, dance with me," I said and twirled her around. 

She wasn't much of a dancer so she just held onto my chest and leaned on me for support.

"Time to get out of here," Martin said and headed out of the room.

I ignored his immediate departure and held Linda in my arms, her perfume hitting hard in my nostrils. I inhaled her sweet scent. We rocked together like a couple at the ball until she pulled away from me. I pulled her back into my arms and we made our way to my desk. I laced her with kisses and she gave in immediately, spreading on the desk and removing her shirt. She wore a plain black bra and her cleavage was screaming to be licked.