Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Martin Raul Vincento's POV

"Call the ambulance..."

"Move, move, move! We need to get her to the ICU..."

"Sir, you can't come in. You have to wait outside..."

"Let me in!!! LET ME IN!!!"

"She lost a lot of blood-"

"What is her blood group?"

"B negative-"

"Mine is same."

It is all still flashing in my mind. If I didn't leave her there to stand, none of this would have happened. Everything happened because of me. She is lying there with an IV connected because of me. The huge scar on the side of her neck that peaked out of her hospital gown is because of me. There are a few cuts on her body.

What hurts the most is that she doesn't respond when I call her name like she always did. It's scary. Very scary.

Shit! Fuck!

I kept staring at her as I lay on the bed. I donated blood and am still doing. If it's for her, I would give away each and every ounce of the blood in my body to her. I just hope she wakes up. I want to see those beautiful brown orbs. I never knew she has the same blood group as mine.

Her hair is sprawled across the pillow. There is an oxygen mask on her face.

I feel like someone is repeatedly punching me in the stomach like someone is tearing my skin, like my bones are being crushed. No words can explain truly how I feel now though. I never felt so scared. Even when my father was on the hospital bed. Of course, I felt sad, but... not scared. I can't stop staring at her. I don't want to.

A nurse came in and checked the plastic bottle filled with my blood. She held my hand gently to pull out the needle.

"Is that much enough? Don't stop if it's not enough."

"It's enough, sir. We bought some from the blood bank. You will feel weaker if you keep going like this."

"I don't care."

"No Mr. Vincento. You will feel really weak. You have double of what you should and it's not good for health-"

"I don't fucking care about me right now!"

"You take rest." He said and nodded his head at the nurse to remove the needle. "That amount of blood is enough. You don't need to worry." I fell back on the bed, my head turned to my right side as I kept looking at her. "We need to call her parents." I heard his voice.

I don't care anymore. I don't know anything anymore. I just kept looking at her. Everything around me is still fuzzy. I am the one who caused her that. What am I going to tell her mother?

"Son, you need to go home. You can't stay here like this." I am still sitting on the couch of the hospital room. Her condition is still critical. Doctors are still not clarifying anything about her position. I can understand that she is in a very critical state. Her mother is sitting beside me. Her brother went out to bring food.