XI

EDITOR WARNING: THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT BEEN EDITED SINCE FIRST DRAFT (2017). MAJOR PLOTHOLES OR INCONSISTENCIES

100 YEARS LATER

Erebus's curse still hangs over Asteaia. He is known, as the "Angel of darkness" to the citizens of Asteaia. The people heed the "Angel of darkness" curse...for a while at least. No similar incident happened for years. However, as the generations went on, people took less and less care of Erebus's curse. History never repeated itself. Until a baby girl was born.

The town of Asteaia has changed immensely over a hundred years. However, one thing hadn't changed. Erebus's curse. Many disregard it and pass it off as merely a myth. Little did they know King Erebus is still alive and well. Due to his Vampiric abilities , he has maintained his youthful appearance (of a 22 year old). As the generations passed, few paid attention to the "angel of darkness" fables and merely lived their lives as they wished. That was, until today.

WHAAAAA! WHAAAAA! WHAAAAA!

"It's a girl"!

The mayor and his wife rejoiced, they had another daughter, a strong town and great livelihood. The doctor handed the baby girl over to her parents as they held her happily. "What should we call her?" Diana asked her husband.

The mayor, Darius, paused for a moment and unwrapped the blanket from around his child. The tiny infant opened her black eyes to peer at her father.

The child was not what the family was expecting.

Instead of the fair skin and light features her sisters were born with, this babies skin was darker and she had darker features. Unlike the blond hair and blue eyes her sisters had, this child had almost black eyes and medium brown hair.

"Diana" Darius said sadly, placing the infant in the hands of her mother. As Diana stared down at her youngest daughter, she couldn't help but feel disappointed.

"We should call her Adrienne, after her dark features" the mother said, glancing back at her husband.

Darius nodded, "Adrienne sounds like an appropriate name for a child from a family of our stature". "Darius, people will talk. They will think she's not ours" Diana protested. "She is our baby and as the mayor, I will not let this folk-squabble undermine our prestigious family" he answered.

"MAMA! PAPA!" The voices of their two older and more beautiful daughters bounced around the room. "Elizabeth, Marie, would you like to see your younger sister?" Darius asked, picking them up so they could see.

The girls stared at little Adrienne before commenting "She's ugly and she doesn't look like us". Darius and Diana said nothing, but felt the utter disappointment creep up their spines. Already knowing that this child, Adrienne would change their perfect family.

And they weren't sure how to feel about that.