II

Warning: language, violence/gore and mentions of rape.
~

4 days later

Keylin's PoV

I heaved into the dirty toilet of my cell. The small bit of food that I had in my stomach was now emptied, the rest being stomach acid.

I couldn't hold food down anymore. For the little I did eat back at the camp, it was shortened the few days we spent here. We're lucky to get one meal a day. By the beating I got a few minutes ago, my stomach was bound to be unsettled anyways.

"Here." Malakei called hoarsely from his cell and I tiredly turned around to see him weakly throw an apple into my cell. His strength was depleting rapidly from being beaten to lack of food and water. If he looked pale on the first day, it's nothing compared to his sunken in eye sockets and sharpened jaw line. He was close to looking like a skeleton. A bruised and broken skeleton.

I didn't care how I looked, probably worse because of Castro. The green eyed man i'd come to know as Gunter, had taken a shine to Malakei but that didn't stop him from stepping on my knuckles when Castro pinned me down or even sending the emotional blows. I never let his words get to me but I could tell Malakei was starting to get fidgety.

My mouth watered at the sight of food but I shook my head as I hobbled over to him. Slowly reaching down to sit with my back against the cell. Apple in hand as I look out at Malakei with a small smile.

"I'll only throw it back up. You need it more than I do."

"Trust me I don't." Malakei insisted, him too bending down to sit in the same position as me while he looked over my way with a frown.

"Eat it and get some sleep Key, they're finished for another few hours. You need the rest."

They hate it when we sleep. There is not a time they don't catch us sleeping and decide to mess with us. Whether that be beating us awake, pouring freezing cold water over our bodies or pissing on us.

I decided to stay awake. In fear of something happening to me or Malakei and sometimes we took it in turns to keep watch while the other slept. Well, in hopes of having a moments peace.

"I think the trial is tomorrow." Malakei brought me out of my daze and I turned to him, blinking slowly.

"I can't wait to sleep for the rest of my life."

"Shut up." I mumble as I place the apple down beside me. It wasn't ripe so it was still hard to chew through and my teeth were sensitive and burning.

"Raen's not coming for us." Malakei said through gritted teeth and I looked up at him with narrowed eyes.

"Or whoever you think is coming. No one is going to save us. Why can't you accept that we're going to die in a few hours?"

"I've accepted it." I state seriously, looking him straight in the eye. "That doesn't mean I'm going to mope about it and think about death while I could be thinking of a way to escape from here."

Malakei looked at me in silence for a few minutes but instead of shooting me down and telling me that we couldn't escape, he surprised me by running his hand over his exhausted face.

"What's the plan then?"

A small tired smile began to form on my face as I looked at my best friend. He scoffed and looked back up at me when I didn't say anything.

"You have a plan don't you?"

"Of course I do." I bit my lip and Malakei raised a brow at me.

"Care to tell?"