Chapter 54

0001 - Tempro

0003 - Conner

0097 - Ace - Zimmel

0098 - Lucy

0101 - Shelby (mother ship) - Derrick

0125 - Lars

0200 - Ellen

0301 - Rodrick

0403 - Johnathon

0667 - Marco - Brown

0778 - Jan

0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)

0908 - Tara - Mara

0999 - Zan

1000 - Sherry - Lucie (for the moment)

----------------------------------------------------

Both men looked at Mita expecting an explanation for her statement. An even bigger look of concern came over her features. Sighing she shook her head, she'd stayed quiet for too long. This was her child damn it! Not some random experiment.

Mita looked at Gunter, "Do you remember what my name was before we married husband? I thought at first you weren't going to marry me; especially when you heard my last name."

Gunther could only stare at Mita then said, "Yes I remember it was Aoki." Then Gunther shrugged as if the name meant nothing to him.

A little relieved Mita turned to look at Derrick her fears returning at the look of shocked revelation on his face. "Dr. Hideo Aoki! I remember a little now. Father took me to see him. I seem to remember being very sick but not much else."

Mita nodded then bowed slightly, "You are the first I have ever heard of remembering anything of that time. You were as I remember one of the first few cases that actually survived; the very first, of the first generation." Here Mita hung her head, "It is fortunate that you remember none of the pain. You screamed so, it was hard to take. I was so young at the time I didn't understand wha ... what father was doing."

"Your father!" Gunther shouted, finally remembering his father in law. Shaking his head he was beginning to feel stupid not recognizing the man. "Here I thought he was this nice older man!" Shaking his head again he tried to remember exactly what the man had been called. Suddenly his eyes went wide, "Doctor Death!"

Mita hung her head nodding affirmative to her husband. But the look of disgust in his eyes shocked her the most. "I didn't know for the longest time. I remember hearing well muffled screams though at the time I didn't connect them with father." Here she turned to Derrick, "then I met you one day. After we talked for a bit I felt I had made a friend. The first true friend I ever had, and then you were gone."

Derrick's eyes went wide as a memory flashed before his eyes. "Mi, Mi?" Derrick whispered as his body started to shake. "I remember you were younger than me. I made you a promise we'd see each other again." Turning his head away Derrick continued. "I'm sorry I was never able to keep that promise. Your friendship and the promise are what helped me through it all."

"It appears that the Doctor was possibly responsible for the sudden deaths of thousands; both children and Adults." Mary interjected. "At the present time there are only about twenty cases that survived his administrations. You sire are in the best condition. Almost all of the first cases died, at present you are the only one of the first year, first generation that survived. That's astonishing, to say the least Sire."

"Sire?" Both Mita and Gunther said.

"What in the hell is she on about?" Gunther asked.

Mita had both her hands covering her mouth as she could only stare at Derrick. Then her eyes went wide as she slowly sank to her knees. "I'm sorry," she whispered bowing her head. "I accept what punishment you declare your majesty."