°Chapter 11°

"What happened to my friend that would reject every cute guy that came in here when they asked her on a date."

"Nothing, they just went running as soon as they found out that I have 20, now 22, kids."

Nari pouted as she helped you fold and stretch candy. Sugawara stood a few feet away cutting pieces and wrapping them up.

"What happened?" he asked looking over his shoulder to the two of you.

"Your friend asked (Y/N) on a date. And she said 'yes'." Nari spoke take more and more steps away from you as the candy became longer.

"Which friend? You've met most of them by now." Sugawara picked up a back at of candy and walked to the isles to place them in their containers.

"Nishinoya, volleyball Prince of Japan, and coach to her son." Nari whined, "why are you so lucky?"

You laughed and carried the sugar glob to the table next to the of white walls and began rolling.

"I don't know. He just asked. And unlike other guys he wasn't afraid of the kids, I mean he even took Alex to practice with his team! I figured, 'Hey, he's good with my boy and they get along great from what I can tell, eh why not?' so I said yes." You said pulling out a pair of scissors for both you and Nari.

Sugawara came back into the back area and began wrapping the pieces that you and Nari cut. After a minute you dropped your scissors and helped him with the task.

"Nishinoya took notice of you in high school. He didn't really know you for anything other than sweets. University came around and he probably forgot about it. I guess that now that he has a chance to get to know you for more than just an endless stream of candy for the school, he's taken the chance." Sugawara dropped the final pieces into another basket and brought to the main shop.

"Endless stream of candy. I like it." You laughed. Looking up at the wall clock, you put the final pieces of work away and headed up the spiral staircase.

"Time to wake up the kids. They got school in an hour."

~~~~

Alex hopped out of the car with a quick 'by mom!' as he carried his two bags into school.

Yuna sat in the seat behind you but got out and moved to sit in the passenger seat.

"So, are you sure you want to go to school? Sugawara could 'homeschool' you, he's really good at teaching." you said placing a hand on her shoulder. But you couldn't let it rest there long as you grabbed the wheel and began driving to a new location in your schedule.

"No. I'm almost done school, I should finish properly. And besides, it'll be easier for me now more than ever now that I'm not afraid to go home. Thank you though, for helping me transfer schools, get papers in order and everything. It means a lot. I just wish my mom had the same luck."

You sighed, gripping the wheel tightly in your hands. It hurt, because the feelings you felt when one of your kids got hurt made your heart break. You could only imagine what hers had to go through with letting her kids go.

"Though I don't know her personally, as a mother myself, it's hurts to see my kids leave, even if I know they will be in good hands with a loving family. Your mother had to make a hard decision in letting the two of you go. But she knew that it was the best way to protect you. She is strong, and so are you."

Yuna smiled and sniffled slightly, holding onto her backpack that he had in her lap.

"Thank you, again. But into another topic. What's it's like? Karasuno I mean."

You laughed with a large smile that brightened the past mood in the car.

"Amazing, not the most high end school in Japan, but the expiriences you'll have and the people you'll meet make it all worth it. You'll love it." You sighed dreamily as you watched cars move in time around you.

"Oh, that reminds me!" grabbing a bag that was in the cup holders beside you, you dropped it into Yuna's lap.

"Tell, Takeda, that I say hi will you? He'll be the first persons you meet. I'm sure of it."

~~~

Back home, you craddled little Koari in your arms as you spoke to a customer at the cash register.

When the woman left, you took the chance to give the cash to Nari and walk around the shop and observe the people who looked around.

You found Sugawara organising a shelf of boxed goods as he spoke to a customer before they went on with their day, looking at the various candy.

"I'm going to go feed, change and then put this little monster to sleep. You and Nari can handle the shop right?" you bobbed Koari in your arms as he shifted his positions.

"We've got it covered. Go take care of the baby dragon." He laughed, hand testing on his hip.

You smiled, "okay, if anyone asks for me just call okay?"

Sugawara nodded, "I think we can handle it. But I'll call you if they ask"

"Thank you."

As so, you ran upstairs and spent the next hour taking care of the baby boy who looked like an egg, for we was swattled up in a pale pink blanket.

~~~~~