Tore Up

'I ain't supposed to tell you I still love you
I ain't supposed to let you know I'm hurting'

1 Week Later

"What's that sound?" I question hearing a small thumping noise.

"It's the babies heartbeat" The doctor smiles.

"So that little alien thing is the baby?" I ask pointing to the blob on the small screen as zara laughs.

"Yea, that's the baby. Once she reaches the second trimester it will have grown all it's limbs and then halfway into the trimester we should be able to tell the sex"

"How long do it take until she get to the second trimester?"

"Well she's 3 months now so in about another month"

"Is there anyway we can speed up the process?"

"No, unfortunately there's not" She laughs.

The rest of the appointment was me mainly asking questions and the doctor answering them, then she gave us these pictures of the baby before we left.

"I didn't think you would be so interested" Zara smiles as we walk out the hospital.

"This shit mad interesting, like this little pan of lasagna is really a baby" I said looking down at the picture.

"Did you just call our baby a pan of lasagna?" Zara laughs.

"You can't tell me that this don't look like a pan of lasagna" I smile opening her door, once she was all the way in I close it behind her. Walking around the car I got in the driver's seat.

"...... it does look like a pan of lasagna" We both laugh as I pull out the hospital.

"You hungry?" I ask once our laughter dies down.

"I'm starving, let's go get some chop cheese"

"I gotchu"

Parking infront of her building we sat in silence.

"I'm bouta go down to the shop but after I'm done I'm gone come back and check on you" I tell her breaking the silence, she nods opening her door.

"I love you" I blurt and she tries to hide her smile by turning her head before I can see but I still catch it.

"I love you too" She mumbles before closing her door and I can't help the wide smile that spread across my face.

I watch her walk in the building before pulling off heading to the shop.

After a short 15 minute drive I park infront of the shop stepping out the car.

"Aw hell nah, my eyes must be playing tricks on me!" Lala exclaims as I enter the shop.

"It's me, in the flesh" I smirk throwing a arm over her shoulder.

"Nahhh, get off of me. You been dubbin me for the past two weeks, not answering ya phone and what not"

"I was sleep" I laugh and she chuckles playfully pushing me away.

"What was you in, acoma?" She crosses her arms with a playful attitude.

"Would you believe me if I told you yes?"