Facts

Usually, I start this whenever I start the story and add as I go along. However, for this story I didn't really think about it and I also wrote it in large chunks at a time and it was a spur of the moment idea so that's why there aren't many facts!  

1) I have a note in my phone with story ideas. The idea I had for Rowan was: 27) girl known to be able to 'speak' to animals and tame them. She is sent for by a community/pack that is desperate for someone to help control their leader's wolf side. Went off the cliff when everything changed and his beloved got married to another. Clearly I didn't work with that completely though

2) The beloved Todd is actually a character from another story of mine! It's never been posted on wattpad and is only like two chapters long lmaoo. But I decided Todd deserved his time to shine and let him in Rowan's story.

3) Kieran Sandalius actually means 'dark wolf'

4) I think Kieran's name was originally going to be Ceran or something along the lines but I changed it for the above meaning.

5) Shaterria's name is based off of a friend's name.

6) I did think about killing Todd off! However, i was going to have him be replaced with a kit that was his but that would be out of nowhere so little Todd lived this time!

7) Rowan's dad has a plant called "wolfsbane". This plant was used because of the wolf part but mainly because the meaning of the plant was misanthrope, which is why her dad says he thinks of her when he sees it :)

8) I did think about changing the title of Rowan to "Wolfsbane", however I thought her story being self-titled represented how strong she was and I'm also not a fan of change sksksk.

9) so for this story I did want there to be a love triangle but as you see that didn't happen. I did try to make it a thing but Rowan was not up for it lmao. It just didn't feel it was needed as much so for this story.

10) This was my first story to type up only, without writing anything down in a journal. It was a spur of the moment idea and typing it out was more convenient than writing it out at the time.

11) Rowan was started in 2015! It is also the sixth first draft I've finished since joining this site in 2012.

12) Instead of having a father, Rowan was going to have an over-protective twin brother! I wanted to do this because I notice my stories lack characters with siblings haha. But I think the pros for her having a father outweighed the pros for her having a brother and I was trying my best to only include characters I felt played important roles so I didn't want to add both when I wasn't sure what to do with the other. 

13) Rowan was going to be a vegetarian! And she may be one in the rewrite. I feel like it sort of contradicts her beliefs a bit if she eats meat and I didn't think about this until later. I'm leaning towards her being a vegetarian, but understanding those who eat meat for survival and lack the ability to have a nutritious meal without it.

14) When I originally planned this story, the King was going to be the way he is because the person he loved married another. But when I finally started writing the story, I COMPLETELY forgot about this and didn't realize I'd written it differently until it was too late.

15) Todd is named after the fox in "Fox and the Hound". I was tempted to bring in a Vixey omg. 

16) I have a thing for nature names so that's where Sage and Rowan's names came from! I don't think I had any hesitation in their names.

17) Although I'm not pleased with the last end of the story, this was definitely my favorite to write. It was a great experience and I felt it was the first I didn't think I made crash and burn.

18) Rowan makes a brief appearance in something I plan to post later ;)

19) Near the beginning of the story, there's a scene where Rowan, Sage, the King, and Shaterria are having dinner or lunch. I believe the King pulls out Rowan's chair for her while Sage didn't offer. I wanted this to sort of foreshadow who she would end up with. I wanted it to show that the King cared enough to pull out her chair, but Sage knew her well enough to not do so. And if she ended with the King, Sage would've pulled out the chair and the King would not have. However, given that she didn't choose someone yet it doesn't mean anything haha.