Chapter 7- first dates! First kiss?

As I opened the door I saw Pete standing in a black suit. His short hair was brushed and he was wearing black, new dress shoes," Hi Pete!" I smiled as I gave him a hug. " hi beautiful" he said giving me a wink. Then he stepped to the side revealing a stunning blue and white 1956 dodge. Gasping I asked
"are you serious?" Smiling he nodded, "I thought we could go to a drive in cinema and watch the new movie out!" Gasping again I jumped and hugged him tight, placing a single kiss on his cheek."I absolutely love your idea! Now after this I can cross it off my bucket list!" Releasing a breath that he had been holding, Pete sighed "Thank goodness, I thought you would hate the idea of our first date being something to cross of your bucket list!" Laughing I replied " Are you serious? This is my ideal first date! Well except for the dying part" suddenly a tear fell from my eye, and he quickly wiped it away.
As we walked to the car he opened the door for me, "such a gentleman" I joked. Nodding he laughed. As we drove to the drive-in We sang to the radio in 'helium voices' I really don't know why- but I have to admit it was so fun. When we got there, I got my purse out but he pushed it away. " My shout" he barked. Knowing not to protest I put the money away. We saw the new romance film out and ate lots of chocolate and drank milkshakes and lemonade. Overall I think- it was an AMAZING first date. I mean it was actually my first date...EVER.

On the way home we stopped at a cute, mini restaurant and Pete ordered himself a burger and chips. Were I just ordered 3 nuggets. After a lovely dinner we walked to the car and I started to shiver and he placed his suit jacket over my shaking shoulders but I didn't tell him that he was making me shake.  Of course it was a good thing! Then to make the date even better it started to rain just as I was about to exit the car. Then the lovely man ran and opened the car and walked with me to the doorway where he placed he hand under my chin and spoke, EVER so softly "I had a lovely night I would love to have another date with you." Then we connected our lips and I felt fireworks and buzzing all around me. That was the best first date and first kiss anyone could of asked for. And I know that I was falling in love with him and that scared me, I didn't want to hurt anyone when I..... d...die.