119: Just in time to save a lady

Alcorn City is not large compared to the four big nations in Sabrina. Although smaller, it has capable soldiers under its command. There are special units capable of using essences as well, but they are numbered a few.

Ying City is only a hundred kilometers away.

After the evening banquet, the Emperor and Concubine Ying Yun Na sat beside one another in Shenkai Palace. Under the servitude of some palace maids, they were bathe and dressed cleanly, ready for nightly activities.

Although the 58 year-old Emperor is considered very old, he is proactive in bed matters, unfortunately. Ying Yun Na could feel herself tremble in nervousness. She despised her fate. If only she could marry a person she desired instead and need not have to sacrifice her chastity to someone she doesn't even love!

Tears were threatening to fall under her limpid eyes. Blind to her plight, the old Emperor could no longer wait and reached out to embrace her. She almost stopped breathing. "Yun'er.... Yun'er......" His breathing became rough as his eyes grew bright.

Ying Yun Na felt even more scared. She could feel herself grow cold.

Was there really no other choice...?

The Emperor removed her thin clothing slowly with extreme gentleness, exposing her white shoulders under the dim light. He almost couldn't stop himself from immediately pouncing on her. But due to his long experience in bed matters, he restrained himself and took things slow for Ying Yun Na's first time.

When he was about to kiss her, a voice could be heard.

"Why would she be here? This place is so strange. There are guards everywhere, but they're not really strong... What's the point of putting up guards like sticks?" A cheerful voice said. From his tone, it was obvious he was a carefree lad.

"Faint... but this city holds her essence..." Replied another with a gentler voice, but with much charisma. His eagerness could hardly be hidden underneath his tone.

"It's not that I don't believe you, but it's really amazing how you can follow her essences... How do you do it? I really want to know, but you never tell me anything! Well, as long as you find her then I won't mind. So how close are we?"

"This house?"

"Oi... That's not a house! It's too big!" Exclaimed the cheerful guy.

"...Let's hurry.." Impatience masked his voice.

Not for long, hurried footsteps could be heard approaching the bedroom quarter where the Emperor and Ying Yun Na reside. None of the palace guards and servants could equal their strength, falling one by one on the floor unconscious.

Upon their entrance, Bright slapped his face silly trying to cover his face frantically. "Nooooooo! Wut is this?! I see nothing! Vic, come on. Let's goooo!"

Staring at the Emperor and Ying Yun Na, Victor appeared to be at a lost. Although his handsome face did not show any emotion, his eyes were soulful. "Who are you?"

This question of his was left unanswered, only with the Emperor's flabbergasted expression did Ying Yun Na wake up from surprise. Half of her was delighted by the interruption, while the other surprise and anxious to the strange situation. Are the two handsome youths assassins?

The Emperor gulped, slowly getting off Ying Yun Na's soft body. "Assassins!!" He shouted, but no sounds of incoming soldiers could be heard. He felt even more scared. Was he gonna die at 58 in one of his concubine's bedroom? "Wh-what do you want?!" He asked after a brief silence.

Bright, sensing the atmosphere being tense, brought down his hands covering his face. From his cheeks to his ears, he was beet red. "We didn't mean to interrupt your merry making... Vic and I-I were just wondering... Lea... are you there?" He quietly said, looking around with his misty innocent blue eyes.