Billie Joe Armstrong {XReader} (9)

California

                                                                    Y/n

 I walked out on stage with the rest of my band and looked around. We had a decent crowd this time. I spotted three men sitting next to one another. One had brown and blonde hair, one had jet black hair, and the last had this redish-brownish color hair. Something looked familiar to them. I shrugged it off and looked over at the rest of my band. We were all getting situated. I turned my pickups on. I was the bassist. We all exchanged glances then nodded.

The bar we were performing at is the bar Green Day always use to perform at before they became famous. They asked us to do a Green Day tribute. So we had a mixture of Green Day songs and our originals.

Our lead guitarist, Leah moved up to her mic.

"How's everyone this evening?" she asked. Almost everyone replied at once. She smiled slightly. "Tonight we will be doing a tribute to Green Day mixed with some of our original songs." she said. The crowd clapped slightly. She looked back at us and we nodded. We started off with Longview. Jax started us off on drums. I then quickly moved down the neck of my bass then played the continuous riff.

"I sit around and watch the tube but, nothing's on. I change the channels for an hour or two. Twiddle my thumbs just for a bit .I'm sick of all the same old shitIn a house with unlocked doors. And I'm fucking lazy. Bite my lip and close my eyes.Take me away to paradise. I'm so damn bored, I'm going blind. And I smell like shit." Leah sang. I smiled as she continued on and we continued playing. We eventually came up to the part where I sing as well.

"I got no motivation. Where is my motivation? No time for motivation. Smoking my inspir-" I stopped and Leah sang the rest of the word. I sang backup as well as our rhythm guitarist, but he lost his voice so it was only me tonight.

I jumped up and bent my knees back to touch my butt as we finished the song. The stage was huge, so I had a lot of room to bounce around. I moved around a lot when I played. Everyone clapped loudly as we finished. I smiled and looked around again. I saw the three men watching us now. My eyes widened. I went to say something to Leah, but stopped myself. I figured they didn't want a whole lot of attention on them on a night off. I smiled slightly.

"So this is one of our originals called Goodbye." Leah said. Everyone clapped slightly and we began playing. I only sang the chorus with Leah. She didn't include much backup lyrics in her songs.

"It just takes some time. To find the good in goodbye. Don't you know it's true? Don't you tell yourself. Now don't you say that I'm all gone. 'Cause now I'm gone. Baby, it just takes some time." I sang with her. We continued playing and finished that. Leah and I carefully switched places.

"So people request this a lot, but I can't sing it very well. Therefore, we're gonna have our bassist sing it." Leah said. I smiled and waved. I sighed nervously. I glanced over at the three guys. Billie smiled and raised a thumbs up. I smiled slightly. I looked back at the rest of my band and nodded. Leah started me off.

"I was a young boy that had big plans. Now I'm just another shitty old man. I don't have fun and I hate everything. The world owes me, so fuck you. Glory days don't mean shit to me. I drank a six pack of apathy. Life's a bitch and so am I. The world owes me, so fuck you. Wasted youth and a fistful of ideals. I had a young and optimistic point of view. Wasted youth and a fistful of ideals. I had a young and optimistic point of view. Wasted youth and a fistful of ideals. I had a young and optimistic point of view. Wasted youth and a fistful of ideals. I had a young and optimistic point of view. I've decomposed, yet my gut's getting fat. Oh my god I'm turning out like my dad. I'm always rude. I've got a bad attitude. The world owes me, so fuck you. The wife's a nag and the kid's fucking up. I don't have sex 'cause I can't get it up. I'm just a grouch sitting on the couch. The world owes me, so fuck you. Wasted youth and a fistful of ideals. I had a young and optimistic point of view. Wasted youth and a fistful of ideals. I had a young and optimistic point of view. 'Till I grew up." I sang and we began playing the solo part. I smiled as my fingers danced on the neck of my bass.