Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Sorry if the chapter is not as exciting as the chapters before, its more of a filler and for you all to get a look at what Logan was thinking during these past few chappies. So, without further ado... chapter 40:

Logan’s P.O.V.

I was restless in my seat as we drove out of town. Ethan clasped my shoulder from his seat beside me. “Logan, we’ll sort this out. He won’t get to her.”

My wolf immediately went into frenzy at my best friend’s empty words of reassurance; worry over the safety of our mate affecting the both of us. “You can’t know that Ethan. We both know how much of a persistent bastard he is. He’s seen how much I care for Chelsea now; he won’t stop if he knows that that will make me suffer.” I snapped; exasperated. I felt a little bad for doing it, but I couldn’t help how defensive I was being over Chelsea; reliving the moment he forced himself back into my life.

***

My scumbag of a father had contacted me the morning after the best night of my existence. The night of our birthday. My wolf confirmed; his tail wagging contentedly at the memory. Even though it had only been a reminder; I felt my jeans tightening at the thought of the gorgeous brunette that was my mate, underneath me. Despite the internal battle I had to fight, I pushed those fond memories down; focusing on the shitty ones that were occupied only by my father.

I got his call as I was waiting for Chelsea to get dressed before I’d introduced her to Jacqueline for the first time. It had been brief, but his words threatened my mate enough to keep playing in my mind over and over again since I’d first heard them. I’d grasped my phone hard as his voice slithered through the line. “How have you been son?” He jeered; his tone condescending as he spat the word ‘son’ like it was the worst profanity in the English vocabulary.

“Fine ‘father’, that is, if you even consider yourself still worthy of that word.” I growled; my voice venom.

“Oh, don’t be so harsh now. I just wanted to tell you how excited I am that you finally have a mate.”

“You have no right meddling in my business.”

“Of course I don’t.” He sneered. “And might I say, Chelsea has the most lovely, long brown hair.” My body went cold; his words paralyzing me as I hung onto every syllable.

My anger rose at the thought of the bastard even laying eyes on something as good as my mate. “What are you getting at, Jackson?!” I demanded sharply.

“I was just wondering what it’ll look like soaked in her own blood.” He finished; his voice cold before the line went dead.

***

The knowledge of his spying on my mate pushed me to put my hatred for him aside and call my father back; arranging a meeting for us to work out whatever crazy demands his even crazier mind had managed to conjure up. I felt sick to my stomach at the thought of doing what he wanted; but I had no choice. I needed to make sure that Chelsea would always be safe. There would be no way I’d be able to live with myself if I were the reason she got hurt.

And that was why I was currently on the way to a restaurant the Blood Moon Pack owned; the one that I had brought Chelsea to when her brother had come over for a visit. If it were up to me, I would have chosen a landfill to match my father’s crappy attitude; but of course he had other ideas. Considering the fact that he was threatening my mate; I had rather begrudgingly complied to his ideas. For now. My wolf argued; earning my agreement.

The S.U.V. was parked right by the entrance door. I got out of the car as soon as we stopped; stalking into the building with the rest of my convoy trailing closely behind me. When we entered, only half of the restaurant looked full; the other half scarce of any customers except for one man that made my wolf thirsty for his blood. I pushed our anger down as I took a seat at the table, sitting right across from him.