Chapter Three

It usually took me about thirty minutes to get home from school, due to traffic. Considering Sin drove fifteen miles over the speed limit, I figured he could get me there in twenty minutes flat.

Twenty minutes was too long.

The car was warm and it smelled like leather. I sat as far away from Sin as I could get and it was still too close. He didn't say anything to me and I pretended to be engrossed in my phone.

It was one of the most awkward moments of my life. Finally after about five minutes, I couldn't take the silence anymore.

"So, Where do you work?" I asked, finally breaking the silence. I really wanted to say, why are you all of a sudden obsessed with me, but I wanted to keep it classy.

He continued to frown and he took so long to answer that I thought he was ignoring me. "You've probably never heard of it."

I raised an eyebrow. Winterbrooke was a pretty small town. I pretty much knew all of the places it had to offer. "I might have." I said, urging him to answer the question.

He shot me a quick annoyed glance before putting his eyes back on the road. "You haven't." He said sternly. I felt my cheeks burn. Turning my glance to the window, I noticed the packed traffic. This ride from hell was never going to end.

"What did your brother want?" 

It took me a while to realize Sin was talking to me. I mean I knew I was the only one in the car, but it seemed unlikely he was willingly starting a conversation  with me considering how cold he was being.

My eyes widened. "Umm... I haven't called him back yet actually. I was just going to wait until I got home."

He turned to face me. "Why not?" 

For some reason it seemed like he was trying to force a conversation. I knew for a fact that no person on this earth was interested in why I hadn't called my brother back yet, let alone Sin Westbrook.

I narrowed my eyes. "Do you know my brother?" I hadn't ever noticed my brother talking to or about Sin, besides the normal stuff that everyone said.

He shrugged. "I've seen him around."

I sighed. "He can get a little...Much. I'd rather postpone that conversation." I said hoping that would be enough of an answer for him.

He smirked. "So, if you were to call your brother while sitting in my car...What, you'd get grounded or something?" He chuckled to himself while I glared at him.

"Okay, now that the pleasantries are gone, why am I sitting in your car?" I asked narrowing my eyes. I decided I would just rip the bandage off.

"Because you left your lights on, and I'm feeling neighborly." He said shrugging as if this was just the most normal thing in the world.

I sent him a disbelieving look. "You've never felt neighborly before." I countered. "In fact,  I think I can count on one hand the words you've said to me over the past four years.

He sighed. "So, I can't decide to be nice? Most people would just say thank you."

I immediately felt guilty. "Thank you." I said with no emotion. "But it's just weird. And you were glaring at me at lunch today, and then you talked to me in government. All in one day."

"Trust me." He mumbled fumbling with his radio. " I won't be making that mistake again. "

The car was filled with loud Rock music blaring through the speakers instantly and I frowned. Just when I'd thought that maybe the entire school population had been wrong and Sin Westbrook was actually capable of nice conversation.

I watched him out of the corner of my eye as he scowled through the windshield. He was unbelievably gorgeous. I was pretty sure it was mostly due to the dangerous look in his eyes or the quick violence he was known to participate in, There was just something endearing about a bad boy. But he was a jerk and I had too much respect for myself to even think about finding myself even slightly attracted to him.

After about ten more minutes of blaring Rock he pulled the car to a stop right infront of my driveway.

I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt turning to grab my backpack out of his backseat. When he didn't turn the music down, I assumed it meant that he didn't want me to thank him for the ride.

"I'll take you to school tomorrow." He yelled over the music.

I pursed my lips  before giving him a quick nod. I didn't really want to be stuck in a car with him, but then again I did need a ride. I decided I could take the awkwardness for one more day.

The minute my feet hit the pavement he was pulling off, turning his car around and disappearing down the street.

"Jerk." I mumbled under my breath.

**********************************************

"Hold on, Hold on. You rode home with Sin?!" Hayden yelled through my phone speaker. 

I smiled happy that I at least had some gossip. "Sure did. He's an even bigger jerk than I thought."

"What the hell is even going on?" Hayden exclaimed. I slowly lowered myself onto my bed.

"My battery died. He was nice enough to give me a lift home. Unfortunately that's were the niceness ended."

She sighed. "I hate you. First you get blessed with a fine brother, and now you have Sin Westbrook sniffing after you. Everybody's going to be so jealous."

I stiffened. If people at school found out, then eventually Kody would. "It's not that big a deal. I just rode home with him."

She laughed. "Yeah. What you should have done was rode him home."

I cringed when my phone buzzed.

"Hold on." Pulling the phone away from my ear I saw a text from a random number.

Hey, is this Rory? It's Ian, Hayden slipped me your number.

"Oh my gosh..." I quickly slapped the phone back against my ear. "It's not night yet. It's five o'clock. Five o'clock is not night." I rambled running my hands through my freshly washed hair.

"What the hell are you smoking mama?" Hayden asked chewing loudly through the speaker.'

"Ian Black!" I shouted sitting up quickly. "He just texted me. Oh my gosh I am not prepared."

Hayden laughed. "Bitch, just text him back. It's never that serious. Stop acting like you're a middle schooler." 

"I have the romantic experience of one." I shot back. It was true. The few times I had managed to have any romantic endeavors they were pretty pitiful.

"Just text him back some kinky shit. Guys love that. You can call me back when-"

All of a sudden my phone started buzzing. I quickly pulled it back looking at the screen.

"Oh my gosh he's calling!"