The strange disappearance of Frederick Valentich

Have you ever seen a peculiar, unidentified 'aircraft' in the sky? Have you heard of UFO's and their strange appearance in our world? Well this is one of the most baffling and unsolved mystery. (one of my favourites..)

Frederick Valentich
Twenty year old, Valentich disappeared while on a 125 mile (235km) training flight in a Cessna 182L light aircraft over Bass strait in Australia, on a Saturday evening, 21 October 1978.

Time: 19:12 AEDT
Duration: missing for 39 years, 2 months and 23 days

Details
Frederick Valentich radioed Melbourne flight service at 07:06pm
To report an unidentified aircraft was following him at 1400m and was told there was no known traffic at that level.

He said that he could see a large unknown aircraft which appeared to be illuminated by four bright landing lights.

He said that it was moving at high speed and it was approaching him from the east, leading him to think that another pilot must've been toying with him.
Valentich also reported that the aircraft was orbiting above him and that it had a shiny light on it.
He had been experiencing severe engine problems as well.

When Frederick was asked to identify the aircraft, he radioed:
"It isn't an aircraft."

Suddenly his transmission was interrupted by an unidentified noise defined as 'Metallic, scraping sounds'
Before all contact was lost.

A sea and air search was undertaken that included oceangoing ship traffic, an RAAF Lockheed P-3 orion, plus eight civilian aircraft. The search encompassed over 1000 square miles. Search effort ceased on 25 October 1978.

Five years later after Valentich's aircraft went missing, an engine cowl flap was found ashore on Flinders Island.
The part was identified as having come from a Cessna 182 aircraft between a range of serial numbers, which included Valentich's aircraft.

Special information:
There were belated reports of a UFO sighting in Australia, the night of the disappearance; however associated press reported that the Department of Transport was skeptical a UFO was behind Valentich's disappearance and that some of their officials speculated that "Valentich became disoriented and saw his own lights reflected in the water or lights from a nearby island while flying upside down."

My Conclusion:
Well, no one really knows what had happened to Frederick Valentich that evening but theories have been put forward.

Many say he might have crashed, when he lost his attention to get a better glimpse of the unidentified aircraft, while others say he could've just faked the entire scenario.

Whatever the case is, no right answer or theory has been brought forward. Everyone can have a say, because it sure has been 39 years and no one knows the truth.
Well sooner or later, the truth will be revealed.