The man in the iron mask

You've probably heard about a strange man who wore an iron mask but never removed it. Well if you didn't, here's the story.

Who was the man in the iron mask?
There are so many theories about who he could be, but the most common one is that maybe the mystery man in the iron mask was related to the French King at that time.

Immortalised by Dumas (and di Caprio) The Man in the Iron Mask was a prisoner in Paris’ Bastille prison from 1698 until his death in 1703. His face was always hidden but he was treated with the utmost respect by his jailers.

Special information:
#The mystery man was not allowed to communicate to anyone, not by writing and certainly not by speaking. If he did, he would be executed on the spot.

#His mask was made in such a way, that he could eat food with it on.

#He was threatened by two soldiers who always were with him, they had the permission to shoot him if he removed the mask.

Theories
The most popular theories suggest that he was someone related to the French king of the time, Louis XIV who would call his legitimacy into question – his twin brother, older brother, or even his real father. That his identity remains uncertain to the modern day is testament to the French crown’s ability to keep it’s silence.

My conclusion:
Well honestly, there isn't a specific conclusion. This is one of the worlds most biggest unsolved Mysteries,  the man himself was a mystery.

The theories brought forward makes alot of sense but Unfortunately we're not a 100% sure if it is the truth.

I don't know, I just think he could've been King Louis twin brother.

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions, but in the end we'll never know the truth unless it's revealed.