The mystery of Jeannette DePalma

Do you have a dog? How about going for a walk, somewhere a little further than your normal route, a cliff top is an excellent idea.

Springfield, New Jersey is the right place you should take your dog to and walk on the cliff top, you never know what you might come across.
Maybe a gold pendant, an expensive watch or maybe 'a decomposing human forearm.'

The discovery
In 1972, a dog brought something very strange to the back door of his owner’s home. He had sniffed out an almost completely decomposed human forearm on a cliff top in Springfield, New Jersey and dragged it back to its master who realized with a great shock what it was.

Who did it belong to?
The man informed the police and, after a short search, they found the remains of the body to which the arm belonged. The remains were that of Jeannette DePalma, a teenager who had been missing for six weeks.

Strange facts
Not only did they find her decomposed body, but there were strange objects on the ground where it lay.
Rumors began to fly that the girl had been sacrificed by a local coven of witches. Others believed that Satanists murdered her for occult ritual purposes.

What's weird is:
The strangest thing about the murder, however, was the fact that no one wanted to speak about it when an article about the incident was in its planning stages. Even after 30 years, people who lived in the area refused to comment or give their opinions on what they believe happened. Not one person who was interviewed wanted their real name used, and this even included the local police department.

Leads
Leads in the case did not come in the traditional manner. People sent in anonymous letters omitting their addresses and names.

One of the letters stated that logs had been placed around Jeannette’s body and that the writer of it couldn’t reveal his name for many reasons which he couldn’t reveal either.

Another anonymous writer wrote that he or she knew about a coven of witches in the area who were planning to murder a kid over Halloween. The writer was a child at the time and remembered being terrified of going out trick-or-treating for the holiday.

Yet another letter stated that the writer’s mom knew DePalma and that they were about the same age in 1972.

Satanism or witchcraft?
This letter also mentioned animals being murdered and strung up in the trees after the murder took place.
In all of the letters, witches or Satanism was mentioned.

One of them reiterated that DePalma was a very religious girl who wouldn’t get mixed up with satanic practices. However, the writer also mentions that Jeannette DePalma started becoming a little “wild” as she got older.

Someone got away with murder!
The murder of Jeannette DePalma was big news for around two weeks after her body was found, and then the absolute silence around it started and remained.

And the sad part:
Her murderer has never been found.

My conclusion:
Well in my opinion, it was definitely witchcraft or Satanism, as far as I know the way she was murdered was horrific and it usually happens in witchcraft and Satanism.

Whoever murdered the poor girl got away with it. To think of it, it is extremely sad to have found her like that, and her death was nothing but absolutely gruesome.

Maybe the reason people hid their names and identity was because they really knew about someone who could've done that.
So not to be tracked down then killed in a horrific way, it was safer to hide their identity.

I won't comment on anything more, feel free to give your opinions. As I said, everyone has their own thoughts and see things in a different perspective.