XI

Alex

"Alex, I'm telling you not only as your PR manager but as your best friend, going to his dorm right now is a bad idea."

I knew Jake was right, of course, but I couldn't care less. 

"At least your job is interesting lately." I offered before hanging up, spotting a flustered looking Dylan jogging over to the car park.

I opened my car door, keeping my hat down low as I crossed the car park to meet him. I wanted to hug him but I didn't want to overwhelm him, so I kept my arms by my side and offered him a smile instead.

He looked absolutely adorable.

He was, once again, bundled up in a too-big hoodie that absolutely drowned him but looked beyond cute on him. He had told me last night about his brothers clothes being his favourite because they were baggy on him and it had brought to mind too many mental images of him in my shirts.

Pushing that inappropriate image of Dylan out of my head, I focused on the Dylan in front of me now.

"You got here fast." Dylan breathed out a pant. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you run here." I chuckled, my heart melting at his tinged red cheeks.

His hair was blowing in the wind slightly and he had a faint smile on his lips. He also bopped his head every time he spoke, which was an adorable movement he tended to do a lot.

"Are you coming up?" Dylan asked, bluntly.

"I didn't want to be presumptuous. I'm cool if you wanted to go somewhere else, if you don't want me in your dorm, I mean." I rambled, trying to keep the pressure off of Dylan.

"I'd rather be alone." Dylan instantly replied, taking me off guard.

He seemed to realise how it came across and turned red, shaking his head rapidly.

"I don't mean for that reason! I just mean I've had enough of people for today and I'm sure you would rather not be stared at, too."

He was truly adorable and thoughtful.

"You're absolutely right, Dylan. I've had a day of it with all this PR stuff." 

"Tell me about it inside?" Dylan smiled, leading the way to his dorm.

My heart pounded at that smile, falling in step with him as we made our way there. Everything around us melted away and Dylan became my sole focus as we made our way through corridor after corridor to get to his dorm. It was an absolute that somebody had seen me but I truly didn't care.; I was entranced.

The dorm blocks were a bit of a maze and I was relieved when we eventually arrived at a door that he had the key for. He swung the door open and we came face to face with two other people. They stared at us and we stared back of them, silence hanging over us.

"So much for a nap, hey, Dylan." Kai teased, tutting.

"I seriously thought you were taking the piss when you said he was seeing Alex Hill." The other guy said, who I recognised as the journalism student who interviewed me.

I nodded at the two of them and placed my hand at the bottom of Dylan's back to coax him to keep moving. His head whipped to me when I did that and I backed off, removing my hand. 

"That's not his 'don't touch me' face!" Kai hooted, "That's a new face entirely. Oh my gosh, this is too much."

Dylan went entirely red and moved to his room, stepping through the door. I tried to supress my smile at that, but I couldn't. I was beaming as I followed Dylan into his room. Albeit, I felt bad that his friend had exposed him.