Chapter 41

Lily:

It felt like I had gotten run over by a truck. My eyes felt glued shut and after about five minutes of useless struggling to even attempt at flipping my eyes open, I gave up. So I laid there trying to process what in the hell just happened. 

I'd never heard nor seen a creature the likes of the one I just met. I was honestly flabbergasted to the point of speechlessness. No, I wasn't just speechless because I couldn't seem to even open my mouth. Although it did provide a second factor to my current predicament. 

When I first laid eyes on that creature all I could think about was Chaos and Anarchy to describe it. So at the moment I have decided it will be known as Anarchy because my mind just can't seem to process everything at once. 

Using my magic I tried to send it out and get a better 'feel' on everything around me. Whatever Anarchy was I wouldn't be finding out anytime soon since it had left me here with it's egg. As I lay there without any strength to move I begun to notice that I hadn't been mobbed by wild animals or beasts yet. Fascinating. 

Something drew my attention away from my inner dialogue. What was it? 

There it went again. My 'inner eye' focused in on one of my hands and I realized that the tiny fluttering magic that had been present within the egg had begun slowly siphoning my magic and increase in strength. Looks like I wouldn't be getting better anytime soon at the rate it was devouring me.

My lungs begun to rattle after my magical reserves began to feel depleted and dry but the sucking from my hand stopped instantly. Then there was a loud crack. Loud to me at least. 

After what felt like forever I begun to hear hissing that vaguely reminded me of a rattle for a baby. The strange noises had begun to start making sense though soon enough. If my eyes were open at the moment I'm sure I'd have made a fool out of myself. 

~Mamma; Mam; Mammy~ Three distinctly different 'voices' were heard from the egg and then suddenly the creature struck at me. 

I was going on a record for how many times I would be bit today. It was barely midday and I was already paralyzed with a second of these creatures looking to kill me. 

Much like the first time I went through this, pain lanced through me and the venom that pulsed scalding through my nerves and bloodstream faded as an icy substance seemed to slide down my throat before circulating through my system. 

After the excruciating torture my eyes were finally capable of opening. Throughout my struggle to relearn body functions the creature kept calling variations of mom and flicked its tongue to scent my skin at my neck. My first thought when my eyes opened was 'I'm going to have intense burn scars on my face' because the creature's burning tail was situated close to my mouth. The second was 'What a pretty color' due to it being a turquoise and white gold color. 

It flickered like a candle and was mildly hypnotic. 

~Mamma; Mam; Mammy~ Came the repeated cheers from the three heads. 

"Hello little one," I greeted the thing but my voice came out more like a croak than a greeting. I cleared my throat before continuing, "Do you have a name?"

Some creatures have inheritances that awaken in their blood upon birth and I wasn't completely sure whether this one had one or not. It would explain why they already knew words and ways of address. Furthest from the truth was I its mother but I wouldn't demand them to call me something else. 

~Individual or Whole, Mammy,~ the one on the right hissed. On closer inspection  each had different markings that were telling factors if you didn't look at the neck placement. 

'Mammy' snake head was mostly pure black aside from a line of white that trailed from its nose down its 'back'. Middle snake who kept hissing 'Mam' was an iridescent blue that seemed to shimmer and cloud over giving the illusion of staring up at the sky. The final one who was hissing 'Mamma' was the exact opposite of the right head. Instead of being all black with a white stripe, this one was all white with the black stripe. 

Both the outside heads sported purple eyes and the middle had a normal yellow/orange. 

"Both I suppose. It would help me to better identify you guys."

By their voices I noticed they were boys. At least I was assuming so and we all know what assuming does. So I wasn't calling it facts. 

~We are the Chaos Primordial Balance or Primordial Libra Chao as some Star Users refer to ourselves. In short; a Minor God. My name is Nyx, Mammy.~ the right one with mostly black scales spoke up first.

~I am known by many names but in essence it is merely Khaos, Mam.~ the middle one who almost glowed when I focused on it instead of it's ... brother? What do you call the separate heads if they are different personalities and individuals who are stuck in one body? No use guessing or wondering.

~Last but not least, Mamma, I'm Hemere. Apart we are not as strong as we are together. You have become our tether and our focus for our powers here in this land.~ at the end of his explanation all three heads lowered towards me. For some reason my body moved on its own and suddenly I held the 'Chao' in my hands and kissed each one on their head before a burst of magic seemed to throw me back at the binding soul contract that fell into place.

~We will serve you until our last breaths and since we are mostly immortal, you have become impervious to many things as well. Most noticeable will be poisons of all kinds because of the venom you have flowing in your bloodstream. Please rest your magic before leaving this clearing and continuing on with your journey, Mamma.~

There wasn't a point in arguing with Chao since I knew I was really weak at the moment and probably couldn't even win against a 3 Star currently but I was to far within the Forest. Chao entered my Soul Space and began sharing it's magic with me to help the healing process. 

I blocked everything out and pushed myself into a light meditative state in order to collect magic faster. 

(A/N: As I've said before I'm lacking many hours of sleep but since I couldn't immediately fall into slumber I just forced this out of myself. I'm drained. Sending lots of love and happiness to my readers these holidays. :) )