30.

30.

Crushed. That's how I felt. Not because I was in handcuffs, not because I was being pulled to the police station. No, it was because I wanted Cathy and I wanted her happy in my arms.

I had fucked up so much already and this was the last thing I wanted and needed. This was the last thing Cathy needed.

Everything had changed the moment I met her. I knew deep down my life would never be the same again and I was okay with that now. Infact, it was everything I wanted.

I wanted a life with Cathy, I wanted everything with her. I didn't want to own her but I wanted to have her mind, body and soul.

I needed it.

I laid my head in my hands and squeezed my eyes shut. Even now, I couldn't get her off my mind.

Every action I took I did it for her. Now, I just needed to get out of here and back to her.

Once I was chucked in to an interrogation room, it seemed as if I was more determined to get out of her. I didn't want to say shit to these people.

"Mr Abel-"

"What am I here for?" I asked. I gave the officer a glare but he didn't seem to shrink beneath it. That irked me more than I would have liked.

The police officers both sat down at the table before me. One was bald and the other had a goatee. I hated them both, hated how they had me here, hated them because I was away from Cathy.

"We know you knew Johnathan." I hated him.

"Not personally." I shrugged. "What's this about?"

"Our detectives have been investigating his death scene. A few things don't add up, that's all." They were being reserved and I was becoming pissed off.

"I want you to cut the shit." I growled. I leaned forward in my chair, my arms resting on the table before me. I knew I was digging a deeper hole but I just didn't care. I was a police officer myself, I had been in an interrogation room myself and I knew how everything worked here.

"Mr-"

"Just tell me what you're accusing me of." I demanded. The bald officer sighed before me.

"Obviously, you're a suspect of Johnathan's death."

"And why?"

"Because a few details have come to light recently. Johnathan's wife during her statement had stated that you didn't get on very well with John." Oh, so Cathy's mum really wasn't as in the dark as we originally thought. I hated John but I'm sure I didn't make it that obvious.

Maybe I was wrong.

"So?" I questioned further. "I didn't like him much but I didn't hate him enough to kill him." It was all lies, of course I hated him enough to kill him. I didn't regret it one bit, not one tiny bit. I'd kill him again in a heartbeat.

Anything for Cathy.

"Can you tell us why you didn't like him?"

"He just wasn't my cup of tea. I dislike many people, Officer." And that was vaguely the truth. I wasn't the most loving person in the world and I liked it that way.