Chapter Five

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

The next day, I headed to the Weapons room with the rest of my magic's class. Gasps echoed the large room. Different weapons were placed neatly around the room, with some of them under glass. I glanced around, gaping at all the different objects. Our teacher dismissed us to look around. Immediately, I walked to the back of the room, which was actually quite a walk since there were many weapons. A wooden door was in the back of the room, which I cautiously opened. I felt pulled to go inside, like I needed to find a piece of myself lost.

These weapons looked even more exquisite than the ones in the other rooms. Instinctively, I walked to the middle of this room, where a large sword waited under glass. It's hilt was pure black, with a white gem that reflected the light of the room. The actual sword was even more breathtaking. It was almost like a katana, except slightly thicker. The sheath was decorated in intricate handwriting, something she herself had never seen before.

Confused on how to take the sword out, I touched the glass. Immediately, it lowered into the pedestal it was on. I picked up the weapon, examining the weapon with awe. A creak echoed behind me, which I immediately turned to. It was my teacher, Professor Noam.

"Your not supposed to be in here-" He bellowed, before looking down to her hands with wide eyes.

"I um.. Found the sword I want. Is this okay?" I asked quietly.

"I..err.. Yes it's fine. Just, be careful.." Noam looked at her with an unreadable glaze.

"Yes Sir." I said sheepishly. Glancing back down to the sword in my hands, I put its sheath on, and hung in around my waist.

I followed Professor Noam out of the room, where the rest of my class waited quietly. I felt all the eyes of the students burn onto her back with their glares.

"Alright, now that you found your preferred weapon, we'll go to the library to find a book on your weapons." Professor Noam said.

Ryker approached me silently, eying her weapon. "Where did you get that one?" He asked.

"Oh um.. it doesn't really matter." I said quietly. Glancing at his weapon, I realized his was no surprise. It was a scythe, the blade so sharp it looked like it could cut the air. The entire weapon was pitch black, reminding her of the night sky.

"Well I see you went with a big giant weapon. No surprise really." I mumbled, although loud enough for him to hear.

"Well I think a scythe is a weapon that is hard to predict the movement of. You can do many things with it." He said, shrugging off her sarcasm with his head held high.

I ended the conversation, realizing they were already in the library.

Seeing the other students didn't want to look up their weapon first, I stepped forward to a white panel on a pedestal. I placed my weapon on it as a scanner in the panel examined my weapon. Looking up at the towering shelves, only one book came down in front of me. From the looks of it, it was an old thick book filled with decaying pages. Great.

Sighing, I took my book and sword and walked off. I sat at an empty table, placing the book on the desk. From the looks of it, there was some sort of lock on the book, with a slot to put something round on the cover.

I looked around, before I finally rested my glaze at my sword hung on my waist. I took it out of the sheath, revealing the beautiful masterpiece. Glancing to the gem and the round slot, I put the sword close to the book, but the gem on the sword was a different shape. Confused, I tried different angles to fit it. However, it was to no prevail.

I grunted in frustration, laying my head on the table as I stared at the book. I needed to find the item that was supposed to fit into the small hole. What was I supposed to do with a weapon that I barely knew how to use?

Time ticked by as I slowly realized using this weapon was going to be tricky.

           •• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••