A N N O U N C E M E N T

V A N E S S A

My limbs stretch out as the morning sun shines through the window, peaking around the curtains. Swinging my legs over, my bare feet meet the soft white carpet. I drag myself into the bathroom, cringing at the messy woman that looks back at me in the mirror. I untangle the mop of raven hair that rolls endlessly down my spine. I brush away my morning breath with my trusty Arm&Hammer toothpaste.

I exit the bathroom and go to my closet where I dig out a red silky robe and some red fuzzy slippers to match. I pull and tie the robe over my half nude body that's only covered my panties, before tying my hair into a sleek ponytail and heading downstairs.

I was startled to see Faust running around in the kitchen like a chicken without its head.

"Everything okay down here?" I ask him as he finally notices my presence.

"I can't find my damn keys." He grumbles as he goes back to searching. I look in the chair besides me and find his keys sitting there. I grab them and dangle the chain off my index finger.

"Here Faust." I say as he turns back to me.

"Oh thank you Vanessa! You're a life saver." He shows his appreciation of gratitude as he fumbles with his black tie.

"Here let me." I say as he struggles to pull himself together. I take my time tying his tie in place, standing up straighter and popping out my boobs more so he'd take notice-which he totally was.

"Thank you."

"Anytime." I perch myself onto the counter, eyeing Faust as he packs his briefcase for work.

"What are your plans for today?" He asks as he slips on his shoes.

"I don't know. Maybe hang out with Mars." I shrug my shoulders.

"I heard about what happened with him and Priscilla. Hope he's doing okay."

"He says he's fine but I don't believe that. So I'm just trying to comfort him anyway I can. It's what friends do."

"I agree. Well, I'm gonna be late. I'll see you later."

"Bye." I wave to him as he head for the front door and lets himself out. I go to the door and lock it and watch him as he gets into his car. My heart stops as I notice him look at me, a smirk on his lips, before he puts on his shades and leaves.

What did that look mean? I ponder as I chew on my lower lip. Is he toying with me? Can he see right through me and my plans? The more I questioned, the more intrigued I find myself becoming.
*
*
I open the front door and greet Mars with a big hug as he steps inside.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him as he takes his shoes off and follows me to the kitchen.

"I could be better. I mean, at least Priscilla cheating on me was a solid reason for me to leave her without her flipping too much shit." He explains as he leans against the counter next to me as I sit on it.

"I'm glad you left her, she never deserved you."

"Yeah, well she's old news. Anything new with you?"

"Nope."

"I see. You still like me?" He arches an eyebrow as the tone in his voice shifts in a more seductive direction.

"I might have some fondness of you." I whisper melodically to his liking.

"You know, since the wedding, I haven't stopped thinking about you." His deep voice says. He stands between my legs, that I've spread a bit wider for him to step between. His fingers slowly trace over my thigh, leaving me craving for his fingers to linger elsewhere.

"Oh?" I smirk, trying to play innocent, though I'm no saint. His lips wrap around my neck, his teeth lightly tugging at my sensitive skin. A soft moan escapes me as I imagine Faust kissing this spot.

Mars pulls back, before capturing my lips in a deepening kiss. My arms form around the back of his neck, bringing him closer to me. He pulls away with shaken eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask as he backs away from me.

"I'm sorry, it's a bit soon for this. I wasn't thinking. This can't happen yet, Vanessa. I'll see you later." He grabs his keys and is out my front door before I could even oppose what was going on.
*
*
"How was work, honey?" My mother asks Faust as he sits at the head of the dinner table cutting into the steak she made us for dinner.

"It was long, I'm just glad to be home with my girls." He lets out a sly chuckle and I feel his lingering eyes on me trying to read my reaction.

"We're glad you're home too, right Vanessa?" My mother turns to me and I swallow hard.

"Yep." I manage to squeak out before taking a swig of Coke.

"Well, I have an announcement to make. My friends and I will be taking a trip to the Bahamas for my bachelorette party." My mother beams.

"Sounds fun, how long will you be away, dear?" Faust asks, lighting up at the sight of his wife's happiness.

"A week."

"Mom, why now have a party?" I question, stuffing mashed potatoes into my mouth.

"Because everyone is free from work next week so we decided why the hell not." She giggles. "Will you two be fine on your own?"

"Of course, isn't that right Vanessa?" Faust shifts his luring embers towards me as I bite my lip, nodding in agreement. "See dear, nothing to worry about." He chuckles and sips his beer. "Oh shit." Faust randomly says as he gets up from the table.

"Everything alright?" My mom asks as she watches him grab his coat and some files off the counter.

"I have to go back in, one of my accountants fucked up a transaction and I have to go fix it. I'm sorry dear, I'll make this up to you I promise."

"Don't worry about it." She kisses him and he quickly leaves the house. "Do you mind coming to the mall with me and helping me get some things to take with me on my trip?"

"Sure." I oblige and help her clean up dinner and run up the stairs and start getting ready.