40 | Blame

You entered the apartment slowly, eyes darting around in nerves as you clutched your coat tighter around your form. It was dark inside, reminding you of your first date with Taehyung, when you had shown up late, when Jimin had been angry.

You wondered how pissed he would be now.

The smallest of sounds sounded as loud as gunshots to you as you walked in, pulling your sleeves down to cover your fingers. The atmosphere felt menacing, the way it had on your first day, when you'd been afraid that the building was haunted.

The fear still existed—but not because of ghosts.

"Didn't go for a round two with your boyfriend? Oh, sorry, I mean the guy who cheated on you."

You flinched, as if slapped.

The first thing you saw was the glint of his blonde hair in the moonlight, looking almost silver in the dark. In your chest, your heart felt like someone had been staked through.

"Jimin—"

"Shut the fuck up." His eyes strayed to the upturned collar of your t-shirt, and the smile dropped, replaced by a snarl. "Oh my god—you actually fucked him? What the actual fuck, Y/N, I thought you had a little dignity!" He barked out a bitter laugh. "Was using me for a rebound not enough for you? You had to fuck the cheater, too?"

He had no dignity.

Jimin was nothing, he was bare, stripped down to his basest, worst version—you could see that. His eyes were bloodshot, narrowed and angry, and his hair was tousled, as if he'd tried to sleep but failed.

You stepped back slowly as if he were a wild animal, trying not to say or do anything that might provoke him further.

"Don't back away now," he crooned, and a smile lifted the corners of his lips again, the cruelest smile you had ever seen on a person. "Do I scare you?" The pure venom in his tone made you shrink into yourself, but he stalked forward in the manner of a lion hunting its prey. "Am I making you cry? Well, good."

"Jimin," you whispered, backing up against the wall and shaking your head pleadingly. "You're not in your senses. Please—we can talk about this in the morning."

It was clearly the wrong thing to say, because his eyes darkened further, smile turning even more manic. "Funny," he said. "We've never tried talking before. Any conversation usually ends up with you under me."

The last statement made your hackles rise, and your fingers curled into fists. "That's not funny."

"Oh, really?" Jimin smiled ruefully. "So what was your fucking justification for hurting me? Huh?"

You frowned, panic flooding you. Once again there was the feeling of drowning, but in a bad way. All at once, you felt light-headed and livid, unbalanced and emotional. Everything hurt, from your body to your brain, and your eyes began to sting. "I'm..." Nothing came up. "I was trying to make it better." And it didn't work.

"Oh, of course." His hands slammed into your shoulders, pinning you against the wall as he leaned closer. "You conveniently miss everything, don't you? Then listen up now, kitten, before you fall asleep again."

Your eyes were wide, frightened as he leaned close to your ear.

"I love you." His voice broke.

Your heart stopped.

"I—" Your breathing quickened as he pulled away, blinking rapidly. "I'm—"

sorry