Chapter 1

The Battle of Hogwarts was over...for now. Blood, students, teachers, allies and death surrounded Hermione Granger as she surveyed the fallen in the Great Hall. She could hear loud sobs of the Weasleys and the Order of The Phoenix members as they mourned Fred Weasley, Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks. Her insides twisted at the pain of losing so many classmates and friends.

Voldemort had given them an ultimatum. If Harry Potter hadn't given himself over in an hour, Hogwarts would be completely destroyed. Harry had run off to the Headmaster's office to view Snape's memories in Dumbledore's pensive. Fifteen minutes later, Harry returned with tears pricking his eyes as he walked up to her. Hermione looked at him with sadness in her eyes as she continued to hear the pained sobs of the people around her. "Hermione, I need you to take this. I found a Time-Turner on the headmaster's desk. If things go wrong I need you to go back to 1945 to stop him. Going back any further is too dangerous." Hermione looked at him with apprehension and sorrow as she hugged him goodbye for the last time before he went into the Forbidden Forest to confront Voldemort. "Bye Harry..." She whispered before letting go to see him run to Ron for their goodbye. 

~

~

~

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter 

Thank you for reading! This is my first fanfiction, so please feel free to leave any feedback! 😊