Chapter Twenty Six

When I woke up the next day, I was on the floor.

Blake had pushed me onto the floor.

He was spread out on his bed surrounded by empty pints of ice cream. I was on the carpeted yet uncomfortable floor. At least someone had the decency to put a pillow under my head and a blanket on me.

I glared at Blake's sleeping form and crossed my arms. After a minute of doing this, I got up and stretched. I tried to be as quiet as possible as I snuck past Blake and headed for the door. When I opened it, praying that it didn't sneak, I almost laughed.

Xavier, Ethan and Jordan had fallen asleep leaning against the walls. I knew then that they must all truly be best friends.

None of them woke up as I snuck downstairs. Thankfully, the house was empty. I searched around the kitchen for a glass, finally finding one. When I went to fill it up with water at the tap, I almost back flipped onto the ceiling when I heard a voice.

"What're you doing?"

I jumped so high that I nearly hit the fan above. "HOLY FUCK WHAT THE F-?"

I didn't get to finish my sentence as I was trying to catch the glass I nearly dropped and shattered.

I turned around to see Ethan. "You almost killed me. My dead body would've been lying here."

"I think you're exaggerating," he chuckled, getting the milk out of the fridge.

"My gravestone would've read: 'Stephanie, died of a heart attack.'" I huffed, filling up my glass with water and drinking the whole thing in one go.

He rolled his eyes and started gulping down the milk.

"You know, drinks go in glasses for a reason," I stated. "What a perfectly good milk carton. Wasted with your germs."

"Afraid of boy germs, are we?" he smirked, and continued drinking.

"That sentence is a trap in itself," I replied. "I'm leaving, before you cleverly think of a way to spread your boy germs on me."

I went back upstairs, where Jordan was lying on the ground with an explicit drawing on his head. Specifically, a picture of the male genitals.

I looked at Xavier, who seemed barely able to contain his laughter.

"This was you, wasn't it?" I whispered, starting to lose it myself.

"Ethan's idea, my execution of the idea," he proudly stated, taking pictures of Jordan.

When Jordan started to wake up, Blake was suddenly interested in something on his phone while I casually inspected a wall.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Jordan said, oblivious to the whole situation.

"Oh nothing much," Xavier replied. "Stef and I were just talking about how much we hated dickheads."

I nearly laughed, but played it off as a cough instead. "Yep, totally. Hate them with a passion."

Jordan laughed nervously. "Okay? Sounds like fun?"

"Yep, really fun. So much fun happening over here," Xavier said. I wanted to reach over and slap him before he ruined the joke.

Just then, the door to Blake's room flew open and Blake walked out. Seeing us, he plastered a smile on his face. "Guys, I just had a beyond brilliant idea." He stared at Jordan for a split second before seeing my expression. Realisation set in as he kept talking.

"We should all go camping!" he said excitedly. "Us five in a forest, almost getting eaten alive by bears. We'll have a great time!"

"Oh yeah, I love camping. Making s'mores, having bonfires, erecting tents... sounds awesome dude!" Xavier replied. Again, my hand itches to slap him.