9th ♀

9th

"The thing is, I can be your sister."

"No, I am your sister."

"Oh, my gosh. You're Finn!"

"Please, can you just say that you're my brother? I want to get out of here."

"Will you be my brother?"

"Want to have a sister? I'm available. Twins even."

"Can I ask you a question? Could it be possible that you're Finn Pearce? I'm Fiona Pearce. Does that ring any bell?"

"Can you believe it? We're related! Small world."

"Good thing I'm not in love with you. You can be my brother."

"I'm one of the inspection committee. Newly created organization to detect fake identities around this school. You're under investigation. Hand over your documents."

"If you're not Finn, can you take me out for a date? A walk?"

"I'm going crazy now. Could you just tell me that you would never tell anyone what you'd found out yesterday? That is, if you're not Finn."

I exhaled, hand held up against the mirror on the wall. I kept on thinking what would be the best way to convince Grayson to do me the favor of hiding my secret. I had to say something to him soon, but I wasn't able to think of anything that would sound good, or at least decent and not bizarre. Ending the skit that I was practicing in front of the mirror, I opened the door again to see if he was already in sight.

Nope, not yet.

It was now fifteen minutes after seven in the morning. The class was about to start at eight. I got Grayson's number from Jayden, and I texted Grayson that we should talk this morning so that I could explain everything to him. Actually, I first asked KN for his number, when the white dove finally crossed across our room and had put a truce to yet again another war between us, but KN refused to even dart me a glance.

Unlike him, I was never the one to hold a grudge for long, no matter how much I wanted to. I always seemed to forget it after some time. KN got my covers stained, and I got his shirt smeared with red sauce. We were even, and my furiousness had already subsided.

But all in all, KN was still so angry with what I had done. Talk about what he had done. So aside from yelling at me when my alarm clock went berserk at five-thirty this morning, we hadn't talked to each other at all.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Dad had bought me a new alarm clock. I had it secured around my bedpost, just in case KN would be thinking of throwing that one again. And just to be sure, I used a metal chain, courtesy of Dad as well, to do so, if it would so happen that finding a scissor to cut a thread or two would be very easy for KN. But I hadn't told Dad what the metal chain was for, not specifically. I said that it was to keep my things protected.

I did consider trying to use my phone instead as an alarm, but there was always the danger that KN might slam it into the wall, too. He nearly did, half-awake the other day and still dreaming that he was made to save the world from annoying alarms. And it wasn't like I could secure my phone in one place, either.

So, no thanks. Phones were expensive.

Still waiting in the locker room, I didn't fret that much, because it was only a little after seven and no one was yet around. Everyone was probably still in bed or eating breakfast. The door of the locker room had already opened twice; both were done by the same cleaning lady. And every time it opened, it sent my heart flying a hundred feet off the ground.