05:00 - The Other Side Of The Coin

CINDERELVIS

Created By; Snow Marisvega

Chapter Five

Flashback•

I sat close to the fountain at the garden area, staring into nothingness. The sky had just one star watching the night, watching me. Father's wedding reception was still on, they were all laughing and dancing and having fun inside. The scenery was beautiful, I hated to admit. There was so much flowers and honestly, I liked being surrounded by them. They were like a comfort to me and maybe because mother also loved flowers and taught me to love them.

I was dressed in a tux and today had to be one of the worst days of my life, I watched him promise to love her and be there for her.

Her.

That fucking Jezebel.

I tucked my hair behind my ear as I took out my tie and threw it into the fountain with an angry sigh.

"You shouldn't do that." A voice said and I turned to see a guy who seemed to be in his twenties walking towards me. He was dressed in a black suit, was tall and had blonde hair.

"Oh...I didn't think....anyone was out here."

"Regardless." He chuckled. "Can I seat?"

I wanted to say no.

"Sure."

He gave a small nod and sat beside me with a sigh, looking out to the night sky.

"It is beautiful tonight."

"I guess." I gulped.

"Why aren't you inside? Isn't it your father's wedding?" He inquired.

"Well, I am not exactly feeling like it, and who are you here for?"

"Oh, Clarissa is my aunt."

"Hmm," I faked a smile. "Interesting."

He laughed. "I take it you do not like her?"

"You get an A."

"Oh thank God! I am so bad at school." He sighed in relief and I laughed. He just stared at me, smiling softly.

I noticed him looking and stopped laughing. He had such a pretty face and the way he looked at me made me feel a bit weird. Almost like this man was checking me out.

"What's your name?"

"Elvis. What's yours?" I looked at him.

"Dex." He answered. "Nice to meet you, Elvis." He winked.

"Yeah, likewise." I said and looked back at the fountain.

"You are beautiful, Elvis."

I chuckled. "Yeah, I know. I mean...thanks. Sorry, that was not what I meant."