third year ➤goodbye&farewell

HIS CHOSEN GIRL ❥ XCVIII, Goodbye&FarewellYour P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL XCVIII, Goodbye&Farewell
Your P.O.V

"I'll be forever grateful for this," says Sirius after he helps us three kids off of the large hippogriff. "To all of you."

"I want to go with you," Harry says immediately and I look at him sympathetically.

Its been a long night for Harry, not only did he have to relieve the pain of having lost his father, now it seemed as though he'd be saying farewell to his godfather as well. At least for now, but nevertheless, I don't know if he can handle it.

"One day, perhaps. But sometimes my life can be too unpredictable. And besides," he steps closer to Harry and places his hands on his shoulders. "You're meant to be here."

"But you're innocent," he argues, clearly not wanting to give in without a fight.

Sirius smiles and pulls Harry down so that he's sitting on a bench while Sirius himself crouches down in front of it. "And you know it. And for now, that'll do."

"Down, Buckbeak," Hermione says softly, excusing herself from the heartfelt moment between the escaped prisoner and his godson.

I, however, remain where I am knowing very well that Harry's going to be ranting to me about this later for as long as I'll listen, so I figure that I should gather all the details I can.

Either that or just because I want to see my best friend happy.

"I expect you're tired of hearing this..." Sirius says placing his hands around Harry's face. "But you look so like your father. Except your eyes. You have-"

"My mother's eyes," Harry interrupts, the both of them lightheartedly chuckling.

I grinned as I watch my best friend. He was smiling, looking so at ease. He looked as if he were a regular teenage boy for once, not having to worry about saving the day or saving himself. He was just Harry. And all he had to think about, was how loved he was and how he finally had a family.

Of course, even if he was 'just Harry' he was still mindful about saving the day and/or himself. He was always ready to voluntarily save the day and/or himself. And that's just how he was, and that's why I admired him so much.

"It's cruel that I got to spend so much time with James and Lily and you so little... But know this... the ones that love us, never really leave us. And you can always find them," he pauses and reaches his hand on Harry's heart. "In here."

A feeling other than happiness spreads throughout me and as I try unsuccessfully to shake the feeling away, I sigh and walk away from the pair and sit myself down on a nearby bench, not unlike the one Harry was on. Then, I start to wipe away the tears I hadn't noticed had started to fall.