35 . Flashes and New faces.

Flashes and New faces.

A/N :

This is the continuation of the flashback Ionora got in Chapter 5 when she saw herself as a kid talking to her Aunt. This is a very crucial flashback which ties a lot together so please forgive me if you have to go back to read chapter 5 in order to restore your memory. :)

Ionora's POV :

I could feel the familiar pull of a distant memory encasing me as I was dropped on the balcony of a huge house which looked more like a palace than anything. Looking down from the balcony, I see the garden where the little me had talked to Marrise earlier. So this was the house little me ran into.

I could hear the faint sounds of someone opening drawers and cupboards from the room near me. Slowly pushing open the French windows, I walk inside the room which was lit dimly by the moonlight from the windows. I could see the faint silhouette of 'little' Ionora rummaging around looking fervently for something.

Suddenly, there was the slowly increasing sound of footsteps and the kid stopped searching and quickly ran to the bed and dived under the blankets. In seconds, she was snoring and looking like an angel, nothing like the little devil defying her bed time.

A few seconds later, the door opened and two people stepped in. A man and a woman. Their faces were hidden by the darkness, but I couldn't help but feel like I had seen them before.

"She's growing up so fast, Denzel. I don't want her to grow. I don't want to part with her." The woman whispered, her voice displaying her grief.

"She won't, J. I promised you, didn't I? I won't let anyone take her. Not when I'm alive." The man replied, embracing the woman.

"Good night princess. " They both whispered and then they left, shutting the door softly behind them.

Something in me told me to follow them and so I did, opening the door slowly and slipping out of my room. I had stepped into a very long corridor with rooms on both sides of it. So this was a pack house then. But why the heck was I living in a pack house with strangers. Or were they really strangers? Maybe I had no memories of all of this.

I see the man and woman go down the stairs and enter another room which looked a lot like a conference room. I follow them, only to freeze when I hear sounds of other people inside. After a moment's hesitation, I slip in, just in time for the woman to shut the door.

Inside the room were three other people, two men and a woman. There was a bulky looking male who looked more like he belonged in a UFC fight and another elderly looking man whose hands were tightly clasped in the woman's. Wasn't hard to deduce that they were mates.

"She okay, Denzel?" The elderly woman asks the man who checked up on me, the concern clear in her voice.

"Yeah. She's fast asleep Judy. She must be tired after prancing around in the garden all day. " Denzel chuckles while the woman nods with a fond smile. Again, I rack my brain to see if I knew this woman but I draw a blank.

"You know what she truly is. She thrives among nature. Especially since the stone is in that very garden. She can't help but be there all the time. The stone was made for her. " Judy replies. I assume that the stone they are talking about it is the moonstone.

"Any leads on the princess?" The woman who was in my room with Denzel asks. Jewel, I feel a voice whisper to me inside my head. See what I told you about knowing people's business before they even tell me? It's just plain creepy at times.

"A few trails here and there but they all seem to be leading towards the Dawn blood pack before they disappear halfway through. It is weird since there's no way Jordan would dare to hide in the very pack he betrayed. But maybe that's what he wants us to think. The man is a cunning, vile bastard." Denzel seethes while his mate Jewel rubs his arms soothingly hoping to calm him down.

" The poor princess must be suffering without either of her children by her side. Isn't there any way we could find her? Ionora never got a chance to meet her. I know she calls us mum and dad but every time she calls me mum, my heart breaks for Lupa. " Jewel starts tearing up and this time it's her mate's turn to calm her down

"The question is, how do we find her when he hasn't left a single clue about his whereabouts? " Judy's mate addresses the elephant in the room. I still had no recollection of who these people were but I deduced that they might've taken care of me at some point.

"I think I know how. But mind you, it's a very risky job. " Denzel says with some hesitation.

"Absolutely not! " Jewel shouts. " You cannot put her life to risk like that. The stone is too powerful for her and she's a child for God's sake. We don't know what could happen. Besides, only the five of us know that there is a second moonstone and that we have it. Her touching it would not only activate it but raise suspicions. That would leave us vulnerable and we can't afford to have a war on our hands after what happened to Dawnblood " She tells her mate, looking frightened that he even suggested this. She was right. From what I had seen so far, the pack was not a very big one and it wouldn't stand a chance against Jordan.

Suddenly, I felt a chill run down my spine. Something was wrong. But I didn't know what. It seemed like Denzel felt just what I felt as he growled and partially shifted.

Wait. Partially? HE WAS A LYCAN? Only Royals are Lycan! How did I not recognize a Royal?

But before I could think more , the door burst open and someone shouted, "Alpha! We are under attack."

Everyone in the room got tensed but after a moment of shock, they were moving. Judy asked Denzel to correct the warriors and head the defense while she got the women who didn't want to fight and the children to safety.

"I'll go get Nora." Jewel informed everyone and dashed out of the room while her mate looked at her in worry. There was a strange underlying emotion in his eyes which also reflected in mine.

"I'm so sorry I had to do this. She is safe now. " Denzel whispered after his mate was long gone, a lone tear sliding down his face.

An agonizing howl was the only reply he got. The howl of a mother missing her pup, hoping to draw the pup closer.

But Ionora was long gone , too far away to know the life she left behind.

-----------

Please do comment and vote if you think I deserve it. I do reply to most comments I get. And I appreciate every single vote or even just a read from the bottom of my stone cold heart.

-K ❤

Edited - 15/01/2019