21-Protection Stone

The stone above👆👆
********************************

Rosie POV

I heard my front door open and close.

Did Jonathan forget something?

I slowly made my way down the stairs to see who had just entered my house.

I saw my mom standing in the middle of the living room mumbling something to herself.

"Mom?" I asked cautiously.

She snapped her head towards me and smiled.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I came to see you. It's not your first time being injured by a bullet." She answered.

She was referring to my time in the gang

I rolled my eyes. "This time it was multiple bullets."

"Mom I'm fine. Now is there any particular reason for you being here?"

"Well, for one thing, your grandmother heard what happened and she's coming to see you. Sadly." She mumbled the last part annoyed.

Me, I was overjoyed.

"Grandma's coming?" I smiled.

"Yes, yes, and she'll be staying here with you since I can't stand her."

"It's fine she can stay as long as she wants! I love her!" I squealed.

"Yes, yes I know you do." She frowned. "I'm going to pick her up from her house l be back in about two hours."

"OK, mom."

"One last thing before I go." Her mood changed. More than usual.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Who was that boy leaving your house before I came in?" Her jaw clenched.

"Johnathan?" I questioned. "He took me home after I got out of the hospital why?"

"I don't want you with that boy. I get a bad vibe from him."

"Wait, first you want you to accept boys, at least, meet one that wasn't involved with dad, but now you're telling me to stay away from him!?"

"Rosalinda." She approached me. "I want you to be with boys that are good for you. That boy isn't good for you."

"Not good for me!? He saved my life! I would be dead if it wasn't for him!"

"You would have survived a bullet."

"How!?"

She shrugged. "You just would."

She left the house without another word.

I was having slot of mixed emotions.

I was happy that my grandma was coming but I was angry at my mother for controlling me.

My mother and my grandmother have never gotten along.

After my grandmother knew what kind of life my mother was living she practically disowned her.

Same with Violet and her mother.

But that didn't stop her from seeing me.

My grandma knew I was different than my mother.

She still cared for me even if it meant she had to keep seeing my mother

My grandma and me have been, and still are, best friends.