Chapter 13- "The Killer, and The Runner"

"Well, I'm not all up in your relationship, but when Serena was here you were a bit of a jerk, even if it was all a cover up. I think Selene is saying that you shouldn't hide how you truly feel about her. No more games, no more cat and mouse,  just admit to her how you really feel, and show it too." Replied Kade.
"I see." And just like that we fell quiet, and continued our way back to the pack, where out warriors were already set for battle.

*Third person's pnt. Of view*

"Alright, we're at the motel just like you planned." Said Dave as he spoke in a hush tone on the phone while he kept his eyes glued to the bathroom door.
"Okay, you know exactly what to do next. And make sure she goes out the right door, and assure that your friends in the forest point her in the right direction." Ordered Clarissa.
"You got it." Said Dave as he ended the call in haste, just as Adelina made her way out of the shower.

She froze for a second when she made eye contact with Dave. Then she shook off her depression, and made her way to the bed closest to the door, Dave's eyes never leaving hers.

At some point she felt as though she was stared at for way too long so she spoke up and said "is there a problem?"
And Dave Shrugged and simply said "no."
"So why are you staring at me?" Asked Adelina cautiously.
"Because I like staring at what I want." Said Dave as he suddenly took a threatening step towards her.
"Excuse me?" Asked Adelina with a raised eyebrow, and an edge to her tone.
"I didn't stutter. I like staring at what I  want, and right now, all I want is you. So why don't you be a good little girl, and strip, then lay on that bed for me."Said Dave, stepping closer to Adelina.

Adelina smirked, and stood up straight crossing her arms as she said "you want to run that by me again?"
Dave chuckled and shook his head as he asked "you're a cocky little bitch aren't you?"
"And you're a dickhead, so I guess we're even." Replied Adelina with a smile.
"Aww come on. Don't be like that, plus you owe me anyway. I saved your life." Answered Dave.
"Right, well I'm not an easy catch, so better luck next time." Said Adelina as she turned to head for the door. She heard Dave's quick movement behind her, but before he could attack, she extended her claws, turned and grabbed Dave by the throat, then at arms length, she slammed his entire body against the wall.

Dave seemed shocked for a moment, but the second he got over his fear, he tried to move, but quickly decided against it when he felt her claws beginning to sink deep into his skin.

Blood started to ooze out of the 5 claw prints on his neck, and Adelina could feel how fast his pulse was beating.

"Come on, you wouldn't hurt me." Said Dave, his hands up in surrender.
"Try me." Responded Adelina, her grip tightening around Dave's throat.
"I suggest you let me go. You wouldn't really kill me now would you? Don't forget the police is already looking for you. To them you're dangerous, if anything you're a potential danger to society. For all they know, you could be a killer." Said Dave in a smug tone
And that struck Adelina hard.

Killer.

She gasped, shocked, and Dave smiled, knowing that he got her exactly where he wanted her.

With another gasp Adelina loosened her grip on his throat shaking her head as she backed away, then she ran out the door.

The second Adelina was out of sight and hearing range, Dave pulled out his phone, and speed Dialed Chris' number and said "Hey, she's on the move. Are your guys ready?"
"Yeah, we're in position." Replied Chris over the line.
"Alright. You know what to do." And with that Dave hung up the phone, and hurried to nurse his wounds.

Meanwhile, Adleina was struggling to make it outside of the motel.

She was surprised, enraged, broken, and shattered.