• Chapter Four - The Smuggler & The Wookie

We flew off of Jakku and into the galaxy. Once we were completely off the planet, the ship slowed down. Rey and I stood up and made our way to the middle of the ship to meet Finn and BB-8. Once we all reunited, Rey and Finn immediately began complimenting each other on how well they did back there. BB-8 rolled over to me quickly, and I bent down next to him.

"You okay?" I asked him and he beeped in confirmation. Once I made sure his antenna was straight, I stood back up to look at Finn and Rey.

"I never got your names." Rey said to us.

"I'm Elyse." I introduced, feeling a little out of place. I felt like I was the third-wheel in this group. I guess it was a good thing that I had BB-8.

"Finn. What's yours?" Finn asked her.

"I'm Rey." She said to us.

Finn and Rey stared at each other for a moment, which made me feel even more awkward. After a moment, Finn began to say, "Rey-"

A noise behind us cut off his sentence. The ship began to beep loudly, and we took off through it. There was smoke rising up from the floor boards, and we all immediately coughed and began to wipe the smoke away from our faces.

"Help me with this! Quick!" Rey said to us as she ran over to one of the floor boards.

Finn and I ran over quickly, and at the same time, the three of us lifted up the floor board and placed it on the side. Rey immediately jumped in and began to examine the damage while Finn and I sat at the top. When I spotted a tool box on one of the top shelves, I ran over and grabbed it for Rey.

After a few moments, she jumped back up and said, "It's the motivator. Hand me a harris wrench."

"How bad is it?" I asked her as I tossed her the wrench.

"If we want to live, not good." She said as she went back down.

"They're hunting for us now. We have to get out of this system." Finn said.

Rey came back up and said to him, "BB-8 said the location of the Resistance base is 'need to know.' If I'm taking you there, I need to know."

That made me really confused. Why would she ask Finn where the Resistance base was? She knows that BB-8 and I are from the Resistance. Unless she doesn't know that.

When Rey went back down, he motioned for BB-8 and I to scoot over towards him. He said to us quietly, "You got to tell us where your base is."

"What?!" I asked him.

'Why don't you just tell her?' BB-8 asked him.

"I don't speak that!" Finn said to him and I just rolled my eyes. Finn looked to make sure Rey was still down there before saying to him, "Between us, I'm not with the Resistance."

My eyes widened as I realized that he lied to Rey about who he was while BB-8 just backed away from him shocked and offended.

Finn continued, "I'm just trying to get away from the First Order, but you tell us where the base is, I'll get you guys there first. Deal?"

"Wait, you told her that you were from the Resistance?" I asked him confused.

"That's a story for another time!" He said to me.

Rey finally came back up and she told me, "Pilot's driver." As I dug around through the toolbox, Rey asked Finn, "So where's your base?"

"Go on, BB-8. Tell her." Finn said.

I slowly turned around to look at BB-8. He kept looking between Rey and I. Rey looked at him expectantly while I waited for him to make a decision on what he was going to do. He finally looked at Finn, who mouthed, "Please." BB-8 looked over at me, and I sighed before nodding my head. We would let Finn have this one until we got back to the base.