Chapter 103: An Angry Kitri

The winter solstice came around again, as did the invitation from the royal Fae family.

Ah, I was not looking forward to that.

What was also coming up was the first day of school for Adri, Chord, and Hera. They started on the tenth on Janie, since it was the year they turned seven. There was testing beforehand on the sixth, seventh, eighth, and ninth to see which grade you went into. All of it was done by skill level, not age, but the seven year olds went into the estimated first grade, eight year olds into second grade, and so on. They all fell in line anyway.

I highly doubted, with how smart and advanced the three were, that they were just going into first grade like all the uneducated little guys. No, they probably could get into at least fifth or sixth grade. After having Thérèse for a tutor and Mother for a magic teacher, having learned only a bit from me in that department, they were set for life.

Ah, sorry Brownie and Blondie. You taught them the basics of the sword, but since they didn't like it they ran away from training. No one stopped them...although, they always came back eventually because I would nonchalantly mention how I, younger than them, would pursue to learn everything I could including the things I didn't like, before I was fifteen.

But before that, something else very important was coming up. Fifteenth of Zerlo, Creik-day. The thirty-first year of the war with Demons.

Except the Demons hadn't been active since August, a little less than half a year ago. The war was not over, but it was a big relief to a lot of people. So, instead of mourning all day, they did it for the morning and then partied hard at night.

This house was not an exception.

Magaris was still sad about her brother's MIA status, so we disappeared into the garden again for some time.

When we came back out, we were swarmed by partygoers who were kissing their sons and husbands and lovers, happy they were still alive.

Happy they were still here.

After that day passed, time flew by quickly.

Kitri was coming...

Eh, it was good for me that I got such a call right then before he could ask Tuila about that one thing...but then again, it was too soon. I didn't get to enjoy the pre-celebration!

My family was all around, the employees having gone home to celebrate in their villages. The whole of my family had been invited to Larjulias, and once again Kitri was coming to pick us up. It was the day before the winter solstice, an hour before noon. Since everyone that was going could use movement magic to some degree, Kitri didn't have to worry about anyone falling behind as they headed through the gate he came through at dawn of today. Since he was tired again, they let him sleep until it was time to go.

When he woke up and found me tiptoeing by, anyone could sense how he was not happy at all.

He'd been glaring at me and I'd been chewing on my lip and cowering behind Mother the whole time.

"How'd you do it?" He was grinding his teeth for some time now, staring at his blood red wings and seeing that the signs of us being bonded were still there. "More like, what did you do?" His wings were that red because he was absolutely livid, which made everyone tiptoe around him. I was no exception, no matter what. In fact, I was the one that should stay away.

"Oh, nothing."

"That's not nothing. You don't just dampen a bond so easily like that, and then it doesn't reinstate itself for such a long time. So what did you do?"