19. Deadly Chaos

Aurora paces impatiently around, too much useless energy running through her body and boredom has caught her once again. It's one of these days. "Okay, I can't stand this anymore, I'll go crazy within these walls, I swear I'm losing my mind. I mean, there must be a way to survive this imprisonment. Loki, when was the last time something exciting happened?"

"If you include the feast, then yesterday." Loki doesn't even bother to look at her and keeps throwing a cup into the air, catching it niftily every time. Aurora's eyes widen in shock.

"That was yesterday?! Alright, I'll just go insane." She sighs and he is about to sit up and just create an illusion again, knowing that if he shows her a picture of the nine realms, she will calm down again. Instead, the lights suddenly start to flicker. Frowning, Aurora looks up as Loki's cup remains in his hand, stopping his activity. "What was that?"

Aurora glances at her cell neighbor opposite to her and walks to the force field while Loki's attention is peaked now as well and he sits up from his bed. Together, they witness how the cell mates from the Algrim, the beast that just currently joined their prison life, helplessly beat against the golden wall, crying for help, while the monster with the suddenly bleeding wound crushes something in his hand. An explosion goes off and black smoke clouds the cell, the prisoners in there die in an instant.

"Oh, my god... What the hell- how could he hide a bomb in his wound???" Aurora mumbles in shock, not hesitating to call for help. This is bad, this is really bad. This is not what I wanted for excitement, she mentally groans. "Guards! Guards!!!"

The Algrim transforms himself into a Kursed, one of Malekith's people, Loki immediately recognizes him. While he remains rather calm and almost amused, Aurora is about to freak out. The Kursed grabs one of the few survivors of the explosion and presses him aggressively against the force field, making him scream in agony. Aurora scrunches up her face in disgust, watching the barbaric act while the Kursed breaks the cell with a single and strong blow. Guards finally arrive, but it is too late. The monster is free.

"Loki, what are we doing now?? What is this?"

"I expected you to be smarter, Aurora. Did you not listen to the legends and myths of Asgard that I read you?" He only asks and she shakes her head.

"You told me about the possible return of the dark elves but I didn't believe you. It sounded like a story you tell children about if they don't want to eat their vegetables." Aurora frowns as the Kursed defeats the two guards easily. "How do we stop him?"

"We'll do nothing. Just lean back and enjoy the show." Loki glances mischievously with a smirk at the monster and she recognizes nothing but joy in his eyes.

"Are you serious? This monster is free now and could destroy Asgard- ", Aurora pauses, now realizing his intention, "Unless that's exactly what you want. But Loki... Please, don't be vengeful like that. It'll ruin you."

"All I want to see is how Asgard ends." He hisses and almost glares at her, his rage and contempt for the planet arising. "And not even you can change my desire for its destruction."

"But- " She gets interrupted by the prison alarm and the chaotic riot in the dungeons, now looking back at the Kursed. He has broken most of the cells, freeing every criminal and causing a fight in the prison. And right now, he passes Loki's and her cell, stopping right in front of them. Even though he does have an intimidating impression, Aurora can't help but stare out of curiosity at him. She's an explorer, always fascinated and interested in new species. The Kursed takes a step closer towards Aurora, but Loki stops him, his protective instinct tingling.

"Harm her and you'll feel my revenge upon you." The prince threatens him and now receives the monster's attention.

For a second, Aurora is almost worried that he will attack Loki now, but instead he seems to analyze the God of Mischief, recognizing and almost fearing him. Loki's intense sinister smirk makes the Kursed continue his way, not daring to cross his path with the War Criminal that invaded Midgard. He doesn't underestimate the fallen prince.