Taehyung (Pt. 2)

The weather was perfect to just sit on the sand of the beach and watch the waves crash with one another. No matter how hard I try to stop crying, the tears would could keep spilling one by one. My eyes hurt from how much rubbing I've been doing to be able to clear my vision.

I glanced down at my hand and stared at the small band aid that was over the cut. The way Taehyung gently cleaned the wound. His long fingers gently grabbing my wrist when he pulled me back. He took care of the wound so it wouldn't get infected. It's stuff like that that makes my heart beat like crazy. Why doesn't he feel the same way about me? Am I not special for him?

"(Y/n), there you are. Taehyung said you ran out in a hurry."

Anna was walking towards me but I turned away so she'd figure out that I don't want anything to do with her.

"Leave me alone", I said.

"(Y/n), I know that you're mad at me and I've apologized like a hundred times. I accept full responsibility. But Taehyung is worried about you. You need to speak to him", she said.

"I can't. You don't know how it feels when the person you like doesn't feel the same way for you. I think I'm gonna have to look for a new job", I said.

"Look (y/n), just because you got your heartbroken doesn't mean that it's the end of the world. Taehyung cares about you. That's why he wants to talk to you. He doesn't want you to keep pushing him away. Try to make things work with him. You've been friends since the longest", she said.

I didn't want to agree with her but I should at least talk to him. I really do miss talking to him and being around him makes me happy. But how can I face him when all I will see is a face full of rejection.

"What if.....what if I can't get over him? I really do love him. What if he finds someone that's perfect for him? I don't think I'll be able to handle it", I said, drawing little patterns on the sand.

"I can't say. You're gonna have to talk to him", she said.

I sighed and nodded. She softly smiled and called Taehyung to come over where we were. Anna walked away once Taehyung arrived. I was really nervous so I kept my head down. Once we were alone, Taehyung sat down next to me and kept his eyes on the view. He glanced down at my injured hand and then at me.

"How's your hand?", he asked.

"Better....Thanks", i mumbled.

"You've been crying", he said.

"No I haven't", I said as I turned away to avoid his gaze.

"I wish there was something I can do to make you happy. But you must understand why I don't want our friendship to become more than that. I don't want to hurt you. You mean a lot to me. I'm always working and the fans can get a little crazy..no offense to them..I just don't want you to be worrying all the time. I wish I can love you the way you love me...but it's not that simple. Maybe in the future when I'm not an idol anymore, something could happen between us but right now I just want to focus on music. You should be focusing on your work too. You're really smart and it would be a shame if you let it go to waste", he said, taking my hand in his as he caressed my palm.

"So it's not because I'm not pretty or..is there someone that you already like or-"

"(Y/n), if there was someone I was interested in, I would've told you the minute I knew. I tell you everything. And now that I know how you feel about me, there's no way I'm gonna go looking for someone because that will only hurt you. I don't want to do that. I want you to be happy. But please don't keep avoiding me. I love what we have. And anyways, Looks don't matter to me...but if you think that you're ugly, you're wrong. You're beautiful and deserve someone who has the time for you. Will you promise me to be happy? Can you do that for me?", he asked.

"I don't know if I can do that", I said.

"Then try...please..it hurts me to know that you're like this. I don't want to be the reason why you're so upset. What can I do to cheer you up?", he asked.

"I want you to love me back...but obviously that's not gonna happen. I understand your reason why you can't feel the same. I don't blame you. You're just looking out for me and for yourself. But I can't promise you that I'll be happy. If we're going to continue to be friends, then that means I'll have to keep seeing you as a friend. It's kinda hard to do that when I l-...have feelings for you. Are you sure it's a good idea if we stay friends?", I asked, bringing my knees up to my chest.

"I don't want our friendship to end...but do you? If you don't want to talk to me anymore then I'll respect your decision. I just don't want you hurting", he said.

I looked up at him and noticed the small frown forming onto his face. I am upset but is it really worth ruining what we had for the last few years?

"I'd be lying if I said I don't want to see you anymore. It's just gonna be hard for me to-"

"No I get it. Take all the time you need. I'll give you some space", he smiled before standing up.

"Wait..", I grabbed his wrist to stop him from walking away.

When he looked back at me, I stuttered a few times before figuring out what to tell him.

"Can you stay with me?..just for a few minutes?", I asked.

"I'll stay as long as you want me to", he smiled and sat down next to me again, absorbing the beauty of the view in front of us.
_____________________________

I've heard a few people ask if you need someone to love in order to be happy. I say the first priority is loving yourself before loving someone else. The vulnerability of loving someone when you don't love yourself is very risky because you're putting yourself in a position of hurt. You'll hurt emotionally and it doesn't feel good. You'll end up blaming yourself and it'll be difficult for you to trust to love someone. People will take advantage and you won't know if they're being sincere or if they're just playing games because you'll be blinded by love. Always put yourself first when it comes to love.