Lotor

"I must say... I'm quite disappointed that the rest of you couldn't show up..."

"How is he reaching us?" Keith demanded.

Pidge's fingers flew across the controls. "I don't know! I think he tapped into the system or... or maybe he's already connected somehow."

"I would hardly call you Voltron without all of you present. I'll just cut to the chase. I find it rather bothersome for us to have fought for so long... therefore I, the new emperor of the Galaxy, am calling for a truce... if you'd be wise enough to accept it."

"Pidge, Keith, keep your guard up!" Shiro commanded.

"Oh you have no need to worry. I stand by my word." There was a hint of a smile in Lotor's voice. "I think you'll learn rather quickly that I am not my father. To fight against me would mean the end for you and all you stand for. I think you're realizing now that I always get what I want in the end, even if I have to pry it from the emperor's cold, dead, fingers."

"Why should we believe you?" Keith demanded.

"Is that the hybrid I've been hearing so much about?"

"Hybrid?" Keith asked.

Pidge looking to Keith in confusion. Keith shook his head to indicate that he was just as lost as she was.

"We're one and the same, you and I. Part Galra, Part something else entirely. We could be brothers in arms. Fighting together for what is right."

"Don't listen, Keith!" Shiro warned.

"There's something you ought to know, Keith, Thace's murderer is dead because of me."

"Thace? Who's Thace?"

Keith froze.

"I can And will bring justice for many more who have been wronged by the previous emperor. I'll fight beside you... if you and your team will join me."

"Keith!"

"Yeah, Shiro?"

"I don't know who Thace was... and you probably know more about this than I do... so it's your call." Shiro turned off his comm, probably to prevent Lotor from overhearing them.

"Keith..." Pidge began.

Keith's thoughts battled one another, clawing at one another like wild animals. His stomach flipped as he considered Lotor's offer, unsure if he should take the risk or not. For all he knew, This new emperor could be useful to them. Maybe they could end the war. But that was just more wishful thinking... wasn't it? He clenched his fists, hoping that he wouldn't regret his decision the instant it was made.

"Shiro? You there?"

"Yeah?"

Keith took a sharp breath. "Lotor is coming with us. This may be our best bet at ending the war."

Shiro nodded solemnly.