Chapter 17 ~ Eve of Christmas

We walked down the long dark hallway our foot steps echoing through the manor. It was the eve of Christmas, and my wedding. I shuddered. Fifteen and married. That was what was going to happen to me. I asked, no wishes for one thing more time. I understood I would be married to Teddy and I was willing just not now. Not before I was sixteen. Blinking away my thoughts Draco and me arrived at the family room.
We stepped in. My mother was sitting on a couch looking ever so cross. Her arms folded and an angry scowl covered her face. To her right my Aunt and Uncle stood talking and laughing together. Even after all the trying years they still loved one another. Then next to them was a magnificent tree. At least twenty feet tall with a bright star at the top and many ornaments and candles hung in its great branches. Underneath the tree was a green tree skirt buried underneath mountains of presents. My eyes continued to scan the room Hermione sat talking to Blaise. They were laughing and talking. That's when Draco caught my eye he was swiftly walking towards her and Blaise. When he arrived he wrapped an arm protectively around her waste. She smiled and kissed his cheek. She looked stunning in her red dress and pumps. I then passed them and my eyes landed on Teddy talking to his dad. They were laughing with merry expressions on their faces. That is when the dark lord saw me and whispered something to Teddy. He turned around and a huge smile spread across his face. He briskly walked over and hugged me. Pulling me close to his chest and kissing my forehead. I laughed. "Why gold hair Ms. Lestrange? Don't get me wrong you look stunning but you look golden." He whispered into my ear.
"Well Mr. Riddle I felt like it that's why." I responded. I changed my hair to gold and made it fall almost to the floor while it had little weaves of braids going through it. His hazel eyes sparkled.
"Very well." And he walked me over to his father.
"My Lord." I said bowing the dark lord nodded and I stood.
"Lovely tree?" The Dark lord said.
"Yes isn't it. Aunt Narcissa takes pride in finding one every year and decorating it. She really outdid herself this year." I reply.
"Yes well she did an amazing job." He replied and excused himself.
"I think we should go tease Draco." Teddy announced. Nodding I walked with him over to Draco. We began our fun and poor cousin Draco was in for much embarrassment.
The nigh was coming to an end and as the night slowed and calmed down my brain did the opposite in 24 hours I would be married. And I knew I wasn't ready. We all sat round the tree and handed one another presents to open. I was watching Hermione open the book I gave her. Her face lit up when she read the title Dueling for nice people I thought it would help her toughen up a bit.
"Thank you Jade." Hermione said. I nodded that's when Teddy cleared his throat.
"I know this is a bit late but I thought this was the best gift I could give you that could be wrapped." He said looking a bit nervous. I looked at him curiously as he handed me a thin envelope with my name written on it. It read:
You have been invited to the wedding of
Theadore Tom Riddle
And
Jade Janet Willow Lestrange
On July 5th at Malfoy manor.
I gasped. I looked up at Teddy with wide eyes. "This better not be some mean trick Theadore." I state not allowing myself to believe my luck.
  "It's not. I talked to my dad and we agreed it's best we set it back to it's original date." He said in all honesty.
  "Thank you." I whisper in his ear as I wrap my arms around his neck in a hug. He nods looking a bit sad. We finish opening presents and then spread about the giant room. Teddy wanders to a corner he seemed pretty sad since I thanked him. I start walk over to him. Then I realize why he was so sad. I never had realized how insecure he was. I continue to walk towards him. "Teddy I..."