last chapter

C

I had swore to myself that I'd never get this deeply involved with a guy again but here I am crying because Zion's leaving to university tomorrow in New York. "Clementine, honey? Are you okay?" I nodded numbly, wiping my tears away.

"Y-yeah." My mom slipped in through my door. Giving me a sad smile. "Is it bad that I'm crying, and like hurting?" Mom chuckled, swiping my hair back. "No, you really love him. What time is he leaving tomorrow?" I sighed, tearing up again. "Eight at night." Mom sighed, biting her thumb. "Go." I stop, looking up at her.

"What?" She rolls her eyes. "Go and spend the night and stay with him until he leaves." I snap out of my daze and shock and quickly stand up. "Don't," She grabs my arm. "Make me regret this, Clementine." I slowly nodded. "Thank you mom."

I park my car, seeing Zion's front door already open. I quickly grab my bag and race over to him. Jumping in his arms. "I don't appreciate being ignored, Clementine Reeves." He carried me up to his room. "I'm sorry. I was just...so pathetically sad and crying all day. It was really ugly." He chuckled, putting my bag in the closet.

He lays us down, "I hope you know I'm not going to find a girl and cheat, Clementine." I nod, tearing up. "I know but...I don't want to hold you back, Z-Zion." Zion frowned, wiping away my tears. "Mi amore. You make me so much better. If I wasn't with you I'd probably be with you this school year." I laughed sadly, "I hope you know I'm going to be calling you every day and every night." I chuckled as he kissed my nose.

"Why so I can help you with your homework?" He nodded, kissing my neck. "You're the only one that can."

I hang onto Zion's back, watching over his shoulder as he cooked us dinner. The boys were at their grandmas house getting ready to leave too. I sighed, leaning my head against his bare back. "This look good?" Zion asked me gently, I nodded peering at the skillet. The French toast was looking very good.

He turns us around and puts the toast on two plates. I slip off of him and grab the powdered sugar, gently patting the box and sprinkling the sweet sugar all over the toast.

I dab my finger in the syrup, humming at the taste mixed with the powdered sugar. "Let me taste." I dab my finger on it again and put my finger up to Zion's lips. He smirks and takes my finger in his mouth. I giggle as he playfully swirls his tongue around my finger. He smiles, popping out my finger and kissing my lips.

He held me tightly as we watched a movie, "What am I going to do with out this annoying face." He spoke, squeezing my cheeks together, my heart fell again. He gave me a smirk, his hand dropping from my face.

He slipped something on my finger, I looked down curious. "What is that...that better not be an engagement ring, Zion Woods." He laughed, kissing my shoulder. "It's not...I wish but no." I stare down at the cute dainty little ring. Small diamonds all around the band.

 Small diamonds all around the band