Chapter 37

I was slow to open my eyes. The bright sunlight made the process even slower. I moved my head away from the opened windows. I groaned in pain when a wave of migraine hit me.

I tried to sit up and felt my whole head move clock wize. I immediately grabbed the headboard in order to keep myself steady. What was wrong with me?

I got myself to stand up and walked towards the vanity. I almost let out a gasp when I saw myself. I looked horrible. My whole face was red and I looked like I haven't slept for days. My eyes were swollen and watery.

I needed to get myself together before anyone saw me like this. No one is supposed to know about this incident.

I roamed around the new clothes I've got and took out a pair of sweatpants and a cropped top. After glancing at myself in the mirror I felt unsatisfied. The dark colored bruises on my hands wouldn't let me wear something short sleeved for a while. I took out a light jacket and tossed it over me.

I walked out of the room and went towards the bathroom. Before I could enter I bumped into someones chest. I immediately went back thinking it was Antonio. I took a relieved breath when I saw Felix.

Instead of chuckling at me he stared at me with a worried expression.

"Gabriella, are you okay? You look horrible." Felix exclaimed.

"I'm fine" I lied. My voice was raspy.

"What happened? You aren't fine" He immediately took my hands into his. I kept my head low and turned around to leave.

"Gabby your sick" Felix exclaimed.

"No, I'm completely fine." I tried to reason when I felt my consciousness slipping. I stumbled on my feet. And if it weren't for Felix catching me I would have been on the floor now.

"Crap" He muttered under his breath. He put one of his hands under my shoulders while the other one under my knees and scooped me up.

"I-im okay, Felix." I muttered weakly.

He ignored my plea and carried me towards my room. He put me down on my bed and slipped the covers on my burning body.

"No," I protested.

"It's too hot"

"Hot? Gabriella it's freezing today. And your room is cold too what are you-" He stopped his words. He glanced back towards my open windows and realization hit him.

"Damn, it. You had the windows open all night didn't you?" He questioned while jumping up and closing them.

"Felix" I broke down finally. I wanted someone to help me. I needed someone.

"I'm burning. I feel like my body is burning" I cried out.

His eyes widened in fear before he ran up to me. He placed his hand on my forehead before jumping up.

"Your burning, Gabriella. You have fever" He muttered in panic. Realisation finally drowned on me. I had fever. I was indeed sick.

"Alright. I need you to stay here for a few minutes. Don't move I'll find the thermometer." He ordered.

I closed my eyes in pain as I felt my body going hot and then cold. I was freezing and then the next second I felt like every molecul inside my body was burning. I tried to take deep breaths but it was painful. My eyes were too sensitive towards the light and my muscles were aching.

"Fuck" I heard Felix swear from downstairs.

My eyes dwelled up in tears as I started sweating. Felix burst into the room.