Chapter Forty Six

The blurry view of the butterfly playing just outside the window of her room made Zarah wish she could be as free as that little insect and it made her ponder upon the life she's living in her husband's house.A woman is said to be happy when she's married to the person she loves but Zarah feels like she's obliged to live with Ahmad so Hajiya Turai could use her as a weapon to get to Safaa.

She had no idea Ahmad's hatred towards her is that deep because she believes she broke his heart as a result of her immaturity then but it seems the pain she caused him is that kind which can never be healed.

She had so many suitors and everyone knows how coquettish her attitude was but she made up her mind to change because of her marriage to Ahmad yet when she came to his house and received nothing but intense repugnance,she had to go back to her old ways again.

Zarah dreaded the day when she'll tell the person who's behind her rebellious attitude in the past their situation because this time around she's willing to bring a part of her to the world too and she knows his advice will always be too satanic but after calling and informing him about everything and what she plans to do,he insisted she continues her charade and not let her husband suspect a thing until there's a solution and her joy knew no bounds.

She was glad he agreed to her plans because she knows if he suggests his own and she refuses it,he would ruin the place she calls her home.Though it is a broken place and it makes her feel like a captive,Zarah can never stand a chance of going so far away from Ahmad not after all what she had to go through before achieving her vow and now with the pregnancy he has softened towards her a bit and she knows he feels inclined towards her only because of the baby.

It's unusual of her to be getting sick whenever she's expecting but Zarah's pregnancy came with nausea and lots of other cramps this time around,Ahmad eventhough distant and uncaring resorted to spending his nights in her apartment so he could take care of her making her fall in love with him even more.She acts extra nice in order to lure him back to herself but Ahmad never cares to appreciate it.

He comes back home from the office exhausted and leaves as early as possible in the morning and only stays behind when she wakes up feeling terrible and leaves when he's sure the maids are around to attend to her.

When Ahmad left in the morning the whole house became eerily silent making Zarah uneasy,she hates getting that feeling because it always make her believe something bad will happen.After having her breakfast and usual morning exercise Zarah had a warm bath and decided to have a nap,her dreams are far more better for her than her reality but the vibration of her cellphone which she kept on her bedside drawer made her jolt up quickly.

Reaching to it,Zarah inwardly cursed the one who's calling her because she's already started dreaming and the little baby playing on a swing,smiling and waving at her appeals to her more than whatever the caller might tell her.

"Hello" She slurred.

"What are you drunk?" He hissed making her abruptly sit up from her lying position.

Clearing her throat and rubbing off the sleep with the aid of her hand,she answered :

"No I was about to sleep"

"Okay Ma'aruf invited me for lunch and I always go for it with my wife,now that you guys have succeeded in seperating me from her I guess you're the only option so get ready,I'll be here in 30 minutes to pick you up" He finished and ended the call.

She shook her head in a disbelieving manner still staring at her phone.Call it pregnancy hormones or yearning for love Zarah turned a deaf ear to her subconscious which kept telling her not to get up from the bed and get ready,she quickly made her way to the closet and chose something nice to wear,maybe,just maybe Ahmad has started realising he's treating her too harsh.