Chapter 6

Shanaya's Answer

Today is the day that Caius will come back to hear about my decision. And I already thought about it.

Right now, I am at the hospital garden. Just like before, I am just staring at nothing. I'm sure that Caius will have his way to find me it Dr. Thompson really knows how to mess with my life.

"Listen here, just pick a card. Whatever you like. Just pick but don't show it to me."

"Dr.—"

"Come on,  just do it. Don't embarrass me here."

Unfortunately, Dr. Thompson is doing some magic trick and he's forcing me to be the victim of his idiocy.

"You know, I come here to have a peaceful and quiet afternoon. Not to play dumb with you." I snorted, crossing my arms and leaning back to the wheelchair.

"And I am here to hang out with you. Now, pick."

I shake my head in surrender then pick one card. Just like he wanted.

"Then don't tell me what it is," he smiled cheekily. "Now look at it then place it back in whenever you desire."

Okay, I obliged. He scatter the cards on the table then did some kinds of flipping.

"If I guessed right, let's make a deal."

"A deal?"

"Yes, if I picked up your card, you will let me eat with you for lunch." He says confidently.

A smile slowly forms on my lips. "Alright then. If you can guess it right."

My eyes were deeply focus on Dr. Thompson's grinning face and I am very amaze that he can contain such energy. He keeps on coming back to mess with me.

He takes one card out then look at it with one eye then shows it to me. "Is this your card?"

I bit down the laugh that was going to escape from me. Then slowly shook my head. "No, mine was eight of red hearts." I laughed because he brings out a six of black fans.

"No?" His shoulders dropped but I just keep on laughing at him while seeing the disappointment in his eyes. "Damn, I lose." Then he stands up. "I lost our deal, I am going to leave you now."

"Wait." I stopped him from walking out.

"Yes?"

"Stay, you may have lost but that depends on my decision." I stated, raising my head up to look at him. He's a tall man so I really have to adjust my head up high. "It's alright, you can eat lunch with me as long as you buy me the New York cheesecake at the cafeteria."

"Deal! Wait here." Dr. Thompson grins then disappears for a moment. That's an epic face.

He must have been so happy to hear these words from me because these past few days that has gone, I pushed him away.

Maybe they are right, I have to open up.

Nothing will happen if I just let myself be like this.

A few minutes later, Dr. Thompson was carrying a plate of vegetable salad, mashed potatoes, tomato soup, friend chicken, cheeseburger and garlic breads.

"Woah, I told you to just buy a cheesecake." I laughed, helping him set the plates down.

"I said we're having lunch together so you better eat up like me." Dr. Thompson placed the plate of salad in front of me as well as the cheesecake and the mashed potato. Like a mother. He is totally making it easy for me. All I have to do now is just lift my fork and bite. That's it.