Dennis 'abso' Severs #2

Once the bandage was tightly wrapped around Dennis's newly bloodied & bruised hand, you then placed the first aid kit back where you found it on the shelf behind you.

Dennis: Thank you. (he swallowed, still feeling stupidly awful about what he had just done)

Y/n: It's okay. The main thing is, your hand is all bandaged up now. (you uneasily nodded, unable to look him directly in the eyes, in still feeling a little shaky deep down inside)

Dennis: I really am sorry babe. I feel like such a jerk. What can I do to make it up to you? (he hesitantly swallowed once again, wanting nothing but to comfort you)

Y/n: Dennis, I said it's fine. Honestly. (you half-smiled, still not giving him direct eye contact, hoping that he'd get the message)

Dennis: It's not though, is it? You can barely even look at me? (he shakily sighed, in trying to hold back even more tears)

Y/n: It's not that, I just... (you abruptly stopped mid-sentence at anxiously seeing Dennis slowly approach you)

As he slowly approached you, he cautiously placed both of his hands around your waist, in looking at you deep in the eyes, right into your soul.

You honestly didn't know whether to pull away from his touch or stay put in that very moment, where you were currently stood in the changing rooms with him right there & then.

As much as you currently hated his guts for what he had just done moments earlier, you ultimately couldn't fault him for apologising afterwards, knowing that he at least has the decency to do the right thing, despite knowing that he also did wrong in the first place by taking it out on the poor innocent wall.

Dennis: I'm an embarrassment. I know. (he barely whispered, just enough for you to hear him though)

Y/n: Look, Dennis... (he immediately cut you off before you even had the chance to say anything further)

Dennis: Please, Y/N. Just tell me what to do, to make it up to you. Please. (he hesitantly pleaded with you, not wanting you to leave without answering him first)

Y/n: Dennis... I... Look, I'm gonna head off home. Besides, you need to get back to work, so I'll see you at home in a bit? (you hesitantly stuttered, looking every direction possible but his flustered face, in slowly pushing both of his hands away from around your waist)

Dennis: Okay... (he trailed off, nodding his head, looking down at the ground at his feet, struggling to fight back the tears that were starting to spill down his cheeks yet again)

Y/n: We'll talk about it later when you get home. (you hesitantly cleared your throat, in taking a small deep breath, finally looking directly at him, in seeing his deeply sorry facial expression covered in shiny tears)

You instantly placed both of your hands onto his tear stained cheeks, to which he ultimately closed both of his eyes at the touch of your soft warm hands against his hot warm flushed face.

A few seconds later, he eventually opened both of his eyes, in wishing that he could just restart the entire day from scratch, knowing full well that this situation at hand would then never of happened at all & neither of you would be here in the heated awkward moment whatsoever.

It took Dennis's whole might in his body to lean into you there & then, to which he gently, but surely kissed your beautiful soft warm lips.

As much as you wanted to pull away from Dennis's sweet passionate embrace, you honestly couldn't deny that you enjoyed it because you truly did, despite the fire pit burning in your stomach from the angry feeling you had towards Dennis's recent stupid actions.