Mycroft - New Year's special

Mycroft looked up from his work to see the firework I had placed on the pile of papers. 'What is that doing here in my room?' He asked since he knew I were standing in the doorway. 'It's waiting, just as I am.' I answered and walked in. 'Waiting for what?' He asked. 'To be shot.' I answered.

'You want me to shoot you?' Mycroft smiled, 'Because that could happen if you keep on bothering me with those silly things. Shooting fireworks? Me? No, sorry, I'm not really into that sort of thing.'

I sat down next to him and placed the fireworks on his lap. 'Why not? It could be fun! You're not telling me that you're afraid, are you, Mycroft?' He shook his head. 'I'm not.' He said though I did not really believe him. 'It's just,' he spoke, 'that I have never done it before. I don't know how to do it.'

I smirked. 'So there are a few things I know whilst you know not. Great! I'll teach you. It's completely safe, I assure you. And it's really fun!' With that said I took the fireworks in one hand and Mycroft's arm in the other, making my way towards the door.

There I placed the fireworks in the ground and took some matches. I demonstrated how it should be done once and then marvelled at the beautiful colours that appeared in the air. Mycroft, who had seen my happy face watching the clouds, took some fireworks himself and followed my steps. His very first fire-arrow aimed for the sky and exploded beautifully into wonderful colours. I smiled at him as I saw his proud face.

Then he took another, a more dangerous one, convinced of his success. 'I don't think that's a good idea.' I warned him but he smiled at me. 'Ah please, it's fairly easy actually. And after all, you said it was completely safe.'

Well yeah, it might not have been a good idea after all...

'Can I speak to him?' I asked the nurse who nodded. 'He's not heavily wounded, just some minor things. He could go home by tomorrow evening, I think. And you may speak to him.' I smiled at the kind nurse and then opened the door to find a complaining Mycroft.

'It hurts.' He said as I entered.

'I know.' I answered.

'A lot.' Mycroft added.

'I know.' I repeated. 'That's why I'm here.' Mycroft smiled a bit. 'To hand me more fireworks? To get me even more injured?' I sat down next to him and hugged my moaning Mycroft. 'It's not that bad.' I said. Mycroft looked at me with a disappointed look in his eyes. 'I know that, it's just... I wanted to celebrate New Year's Eve at home, together, with a glass of champagne in our hands. Instead of that I'm celebrating it with fellow-wounded in a hospital without you.'

'I'm here now,' I said, 'but I think I have to go. I'll be right back.' And with that I left.

I returned not much later with a tray in my hands and two glasses of champagne on it. 'Happy New Year, Mycroft.' I said happily. He smiled back a warm smile and took of one the glasses.

'Happy New Year, my love.'

A/N

Poor Myc... Ah, he'll be fine! I really hope you liked this New Year's special! Please comment and vote and have a wonderful and colourful but safe New Year! Be careful with fireworks! ;-)

Catch you later!

-MS