Chapter 24: Talking Between Everyone

He woke up to a spotlight of sunlight hitting his face. Yawning as Ezra woke up from his slumber, he swung his legs over the side of the warm bed before putting on his prosthetic leg and pulling his hair up. Stretching as he stood up, he slowly made is way through the increasingly silent house. Suddenly becoming cautious, he tiptoed the rest of the way only to peak his head around the corner into the kitchen. Seeing only an innocent piece of paper, he ignored all signs of being careful and let his curiosity win. Grabbing the white slip, he sighed as it merely told him everyone was going to be out for awhile.
Having a sudden thought, he threw the paper back on the counter to rush up the dark wood stairs to grab his laptop before hurrying back down. Opening it up, he immediately went to his music and quickly turned it up. Nodding his head along to the beat of a random song, Ezra swift made himself breakfast, well more like lunch since one peek at the time revealed it was 11:00. Munching he was way through his sandwiches and side of salty chips, the interest of doing something became apparent to him. Thinking of was to entertain himself as he put away his plate was hard but soon the pitter patter of nails on wood alerted that his long time friend had joined his loneness, no boredom.
Frowning to himself about his confusing thoughts, he mused on whether or not the wolf would play with him. But seeing as Chopper just laid down in front of the unlit fireplace, he could tell he wan't in the mood.
Tilting his head back, he stared at the ceiling as if it would magically give him something to do. A sudden huff sounded from the animal and Ezra looked at him straight faced. Chopper nodded his head towards to glass windows and Ezra finally got the message.

Smooth, white keys ran beneath his fingers and the lifted black ones were raised as if superior. Pressing down on one, a deep tenor note echoed throughout the house. Pressing more and more, slowly a make-believe song came out of the sleek black body of piano. Slowly loosing himself, he sank down into memories as songs of past were played and notes of feeling were made. Ezra smothered himself in the moment, blocking out everything and everyone. The breathing of Chopper, the lifting of the petal under his foot, the birds chirping and the trees swaying from the open door.
Loosing himself in thoughts and letting his fingers do their dance was normal though but the turmoil didn't help his music.

Should I tell them what happened completely? Should I have even told them about the files? What should I do? Will someone get hurt if I do or will this all blow over? Ha! blow over? What was I thinking? They don't stop till they get what they want.... which is me. Why me, though? Yes I maybe be skilled but why can't they leave me alone? Why must my life always be difficult? Or is everyone's life this complicated? I don't wish being hunted or played after on anyone but WHY ME?

A tear slipped and rolled before being roughly wiped by a warm wrist.
Slowly coming down from the high, he took over control once more and lead it not a new piece he created in the hospital. His voice joining in soon, the tempo and rhythm followed after him like tag and
as always...
He lost himself.

The opening of two doors went unacknowledged by the boy and the newcomers froze in their steps. The guests from both parties however continued until both were sitting in the same on the leather couch. Nodding to each other as a greeting, they went back to watching the boy work his magic. Hands flying and hair swaying, Ezra remained unfazed.

Zeb who stood by the back door with keys slipping, listened to his surrogate brother. Quickly coming back to reality, he threw the keys next to the paper and whipped out his phone, quickly hitting record. Coming into the room, he focused the angle onto the teen and looked to Kanan, Hera, and Sabine. Seeing the two on the couch, he deemed it safe and he guessed so did the others as they followed, sitting around the room.
As the song continued, everyone in the room could feel the build up and the teen visibly prepared himself for the high note. Anticipation filled the room and the tempo picked up before Ezra slowly leaned his head back and released a long, clear note that left jaws hanging and smiles lifting.
As he finished off the song, the group waited in anxiousness for the soon to come discussion.

The production of sound stopped and Ezra slowly became aware of the breathing in the room and sighed dejectedly, "Y'all always come in at my worst moments. I'm just going to stop playing till someone gives a request. Maybe then you'll stop eavesdropping."
"Ezra Bridger, you will play to your hearts desire in this house. WE listen because WE like it now look at your surprise." Hera exclaimed in worry, wanting to hear more of her child's music.
Turning on the sleek bench to look over at the crowd, a easy smile suddenly lit across his face, "Hans, Makua! Did y'all miss me already?"
"HA! As if. I was invited to see your sorry ass." Hans said defensively even though he was happy to see the teen heathy since he got word of with happened.
"Hello Ukie. I'm glad to see you up and hau'oli (happy). But I too was invited."

Looking over everyone confused,he landed on Kanan who steeled his face. "We gathered everyone here to speak and I'm sure everyone knows what."
Ezra's face morphed into worry and reached down the pet the newly moved Chopper who sat between his legs, "Are you sure that's a great idea, Corporal? You know, getting everyone involved?"
"Yes, I'm positive. When it concerns a family member, it concerns everyone." A slight smile made its way onto Kanan's face as he saw Ezra blush at his cheeks from the comment and reaching down to pet farther as a distraction. "Still don't think this is a great idea but guess I'm not getting out of it. But one question, why bring them here?"
"We thought they could fill in any gaps or share their part of the story from a different perspective. Being thorough never hurt anybody." Sabine answered calmly.
Ezra sighed as he moved off the bench and moved to sit down on the floor with Chopper behind him as a pillow. "Well, where do we start?"
"How about the beginning?" Hera answered helpfully while Ezra give her a deadpan look, "This is going to take awhile."

Standing up silently, he left to the kitchen and. Came back 5 minutes later with refreshments and popcorn for himself. Finding a comfy spot in Chopper's side, he opened the bag of buttery goodness and popped a few in before looking at Bail who was staring in amusement, "Begin when your ready."
A chuckle escaped before he started story, "I was in my twenties when everything began, I think. Things are fuzzy. I don't think anyone really knows why or where it first started but I know they came together to destroy an organization called the Republic. This one wasn't bad as it handled the safety and support for the people. Most people were happy and so was I. They were skilled in martial arts as well as weaponry so most everyone relied on them and their capability of protection. But I guess not everyone as some believe the Empire came together because they believed the Republic's ways were to slack and that control was needed. So outbreaks happened and most of the people in the Republic were killed off. At the end of the Clone Wars as we call it because of the Empires costumes, I think you would have been about 15 years old right, Kanan?"
A surprised look passed over his face before a nod came through.
"You would have still been a padawan, have you continued your training?"
A shake was seen, "How do you know so much?"
"I was part of the Republic myself and I looked over the squad if you know what i mean."
Kanan's eyes widened before realization fell upon his face, "Is that how you know about the squad, Ezra? Because he told you?" He looked over to the teen who was still munching on his bag of popcorn, looking inside it with one eye closed to make sure he got every piece.
Hearing his name in surprise, his eyes dragged over to Kanan, "Nah, he didn't know I knew till now so thanks Corporal. Now for how I knew its pretty simple. This squad in question used sharp, pointy objects if you know where I'm going and your hands hold nicks of what seems to be from a sharp, pointy object. And to add to that, you have unnatural instincts that could have only come from training. So... yeah. That's it."
Bail just looked at him with deadpan as the teen go up to throw away his trash. "I should have known you would have figured it out." Ezra just chuckled in reply as Zeb still had a confused look upon his face, " What is this 'sharp, pointy object'?"
Kanan and Bail glanced over, apprehensive to answer. Both opening their mouths to speak but only to shut them close with a snap as a reply came from behind them.
"A sword, duh, What other sharp, pointy object is there?" Ezra said causally as he sat back down against Chopper, the wolf only opening his eyes before going back to sleep.

"A sword?" Zeb echoed back dumbly. Clearly seeing the doubt in his brothers face, Ezra smirked. Everyone tensed at the look as dread settled in everyone's stomach.
"Well yeah. Why? You want to see one, ke kaikua'ana?"