120: Officer First of Team Purge A's Observations

While Bright and Victor were being accompanied by Yun Na, Lea met with the whole of Purge Team A. Under their surveillance, the Spirit sisters kept buzzing in her head at how heavy the discrimination she was being put through. Despite the fear of them being detected and used for experimentations, they did not want to leave Lea's side.

On her first day, she was assigned to accompany half of the members to oversee the legit members: rank above trainee. They were tasked to strictly put the militants to a test to group them further by performance. The annual purge was just a week's away.

Lea quietly followed behind the Purge Team A members, hiding her face as usual. Her presence akin to oxygen in the air. Although she was not releasing any killing intent, her whole presence was eerie due to her skillful stealthiness that has been embodied into her bones. Normally, none would notice this part of her, but she was currently within military ranks and some were critical about their surroundings.

Purge Team A members constantly wore a frown on their face due to too much vigilance. At first, they looked down on her, but in just a night, they realized they felt fear due to Lea's unfathomable presence. She replied when necessary, but otherwise, she would simply stand without any noise, causing the others to feel anxious.

They have already witnessed her capability against their Admiral, and so they knew she was no ordinary fighter. If their Admiral could not land a hit, what more if it was them. There was no reason to group up together and bully her either as the Admiral especially warned them to simply observe and assess. All conclusions will be summarized after two days.

Therefore, aside from organizing militants for the annual purge, they must consider Lea's capabilities under their watch. One could deduce that she is currently a prisoner with freedom, but otherwise in a huge cage.

As they walked, Fourth and Six were talking about the buildings housing the weaponry. They were the only ladies in the team, but instead of talking about make ups and dresses, their topic ranges from bullets to military tanks. Even Second would chide in their conversation from time to time. Only First, Second, Fourth and Six were assigned to the task, including Lea.

Every member of Purge Team A to D call one another by code names. Purge Team A utilizes numbered names, while the rest are by colors, nations and animals. Purge Teams don't usually meet up with one another as they are strictly assigned under tasks away from one another, making their meet-ups scarce and relationships maintained at a distance. Each Purge Team is not even aware of one another's tasks, but it is known that Purge Team A is the most elite due to their primary tasks: assassinations. But all around, Purge Teams are the most widely known classified group of the Military District aside from the Black Knights. All these elites were formed upon the ascension of the current Admiral. The speed of which he developed military men and women to killing weapons was a never seen before achievement, gaining high praises from the higher ups.

Lea continued to quietly marvel at the side. The environment underground is far superior, especially with their means of survival. One thing she could not stop thinking about was the lack of awareness on the essences. Nobody knew about their existence in the Military District.

If each District values a certain means of power, what about the other districts? However, as far as Military District is concerned, most of them are only made aware of the other's district by espionage or during the annual purge. This is the crucial reason why Lea is being kept under strict watch.

She knew nothing about the Beggar District, so she had nothing else to say. And she does not know how intense the competition between the districts either, causing her to feel ill at ease. 

"Seven, have you understood the layout of the district yet? Where we sleep, where we train, where we get our weapons and which areas we can hang out during Free Time?" asked First, looking at Lea's hat, covering half of her face. He has sharp eyes, thick brows and thin lips that leaves a deep impression of a strict military personnel. With just a look, he deserves to be named First.