Jim - New Year's special

'Look how beautiful!' I shouted and looked out the window. Jim ran towards me and looked as well. Many colours exploded into a wonderful mixture in the sky and a loud noise that made me laugh. 'Oh that's nothing.' Said Jim. 'Nothing?' I quoted. 'It's beautiful! Don't you agree?'

Jim nodded. 'Oh it's nice, but I bet I could do better. I bet I could make you even more happy with my fireworks.' I looked challenging at him. 'Really? I bet you can't.'

Jim smiled. 'Challenge excepted.'

***

'Where are you taking me?' I asked as I was dragged up the stairs by my love. Jim didn't say anything but 'you will love it'. We reached the roof where two glasses and a bottle of champagne were waiting. The dark and cold night greeted us. Jim wrapped his arms around me as he saw me shiver and smiled excitedly. 'You will love it!' He repeated and looked at the sky.

'Anytime now.' Jim whispered and poured in some champagne for the two of us. 'Ten.' He started.

'Nine.' I said with a smile on my face. Eight, seven, six and five followed. 'Four.' Jim said and his excitement grew. 'Three?' I said questioning. 'Two!' Jim said even more happy.

'One!' We both screamed happily and suddenly many fireworks sounded loudly and more colours than I knew existed appeared in the sky. A way too loud sound sounded in the night and Jim and I laughed along though our loud joyful laughs were nothing compared to the sound of the fireworks.

'And? Did I succeed?' Jim asked and I kissed him as an answer. 'Of course you did! This is beautiful!'

And there we stayed the entire night, watching the most beautiful firework-show ever together on the roof of a building, knowing that the coming year would be the best of all.

A/N

My inspiration for this special one shot x reader was the amazing V for Vendetta-film with the even more amazing Hugo Weaving a.k.a. the wonderful Lord Elrond! The scene that inspired me is put above. I really hope you liked this special! Please vote and comment and have a wonderful, successful and healthy New Year! ;-D

Catch you later!

-MS